Faith Can Move Mountains

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fxfox.

I'm surprised by it, but it's a small number and will probably be reversed tomorrow. I believe this is the 5th day in a row the Fed has drained reserves. If you look at the Feed Index, however, it's still well within the bounds of the 8% growth channel.

Now if they drain again tomorrow, that would be a clear reversal of the slow Feedometer, and a sign that the Fed is worried about overheating the economy and the markets. Al does not want to see the long bond yield break out to the upside.

FWIW; Stan Harley expects prices to be lower into week of Dec 16. He expects low will be Dec 19 +/- couple of days. Then sees markets much higher, nasty over recent 1521 high. Says 69.4 days has been an important cycle going back 15 cycles to Oct 1998. I have always felt 69 was important:rolleyes:

WAG: INTC warns tonight. I say guess because management reserves the right to lie without recourse. My thinking:

1) The PC Build for the holiday season was in October - early November. INTC warned in mid October. At that point in time they would have complete visibility to the build.

2) TECD HPQ DELL BBY CC have confirmed that both business and consumer PC sales are below plan.

3) INTC had counted on some seasonal strength this quarter to make their lowered forecast. This forecasted strength does not seem to be materializing (see #2).

4) Tech usually benefits from year end budget flush. Management has kept very tight reigns on spending all year and while some budget flush is possible the bulk of excess budgets are likely to be redirected to the bottom line.

Ormsby- go to "My Controls" to reset your avatar.

I need to store this comment somewhere so I can copy and paste it. :P

Also, some of you may notice that the code tags from the old board are showing up in your signature line. You can also edit that from "My Controls."

Archived