Faith Can Move Mountains

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rog, europe is in big trouble, and they actually acknowledge it....Crapvisioneuro periodically has folks on who say things like "if a global recovery is going to take place, it needs to start in the u.s.", etc. markets here follow the u.s. VERY closely - note the selloff sparked by the ISM #s.

the european public is largely spared the parade of liars and jackasses that seems to comprise the majority of u.s. economic public discourse.

Just thinking out loud. If one wanted to speculate using easyal dollars would not Europe or Asia make a more interesting target than the US. The US has already had a parabolic top and the structural problems are well known. Europe seems like a greenfield. Asia has been thrashed and may be ready to rise once again. Why try to catch a reinflating bubble when you can create a brand new one.

Japan tried to reinflate many times and the money to some extent fueled the US bubble. Maybe Sir cut&print's flatulance will inflate the wrong bubble.

could be that they shift money to japan, this would fit perfectly with my source in the BoJ (no joke) says since months: usd/jpy will make its high between dec16 and dec31 after that will move down, maybe monster style downmove, but thats not clear yet.

Source in BoJ is quite relaible, called the bottom in usd/jpy in july MONTHS before it happend and tells me now since MONTHS when the high will be.

I do not think the market will fall over the cliff until after the New Year..... becuz, I think the Fund Managers Bonus checks are more important than other peoples money. So, the daytraders will have great fun with wide swings and drive everyone else nuts.

Still concerned with QQV moving up against some resistance levels.

So picked up one high beta long for a hedge. QLGC only for a short term hold, might even get stopped out. That would be ok too.

*** net short***

Just thinking out loud. If one wanted to speculate using easyal dollars would not Europe or Asia make a more interesting target than the US. The US has already had a parabolic top and the structural problems are well known. Europe seems like a greenfield. Asia has been thrashed and may be ready to rise once again. Why try to catch a reinflating bubble when you can create a brand new one.

Japan tried to reinflate many times and the money to some extent fueled the US bubble. Maybe Sir cut&print's flatulance will inflate the wrong bubble.

could be that they shift money to japan, this would fit perfectly with my source in the BoJ (no joke) says since months: usd/jpy will make its high between dec16 and dec31 after that will move down, maybe monster style downmove, but thats not clear yet.

Source in BoJ is quite relaible, called the bottom in usd/jpy in july MONTHS before it happend and tells me now since MONTHS when the high will be.

Rut ro! Sounds like the Rome/Tokyo axis is already in place! :P

I love this season's crapvision. Those Archepilago comercials should get an award. The singing waiter on the Ameritrade commercial is priceless. Martha - pretty easy on the eyes. It's just the content that stinks. I usually switch to talk radio now until about 3PM.

I'll probably exit puts if we have another down leg and re enter after the swup/rally.

I think many of us are keeping a little gold position due to the terrorist component now in the world. Insurance.

MXIM hanging on again. AMRN may run again today.

Amazing change in the tone of the posters this week here in the old IDS... I'd just like to remind ya'll that we're really not down much at all here... since Monday, if you count the blowoff we're only down about 360 dow pts and only 41 SPX points... Try not to forget they could blow that all back at you and more in just 2 days... I'm cautiously bearish now, was much more bearish on the open on Monday...

Archived