Monthly Digger - September 2010

My nicest surprise was MFN :rolleyes:

In euro gold hardly moved :angry2:

JAG.TO/JAG *finally* looking good as well..cheap here.

Look at the 10-day JAG chart and if you remember what I posted on the IVN/FRG bottom @ 2.60, you'll have deja vu when looking at JAG 6.4.

(I am long via options @ 6.4 backtest...I consider the backtest after initial breakout the best place to buy). 6.58 is the .618 from 2 -> 14. I sold GYPH for 20% in order to get JAG.

First pour from new mine 2 weeks ago: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=71999&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1464719&highlight=

8m total ounces, 2m+ reserves. ~$80/oz valuation (EGO $500+) w/ new production (and old production issues about worked out). JAG mentioned many times on this board, I've never liked it...do now.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soros warns of gold bubble.

http://www.thestreet...?cm_ven=GOOGLEN

I wonder if he is selling his gold? Doubt it.

$1266 backtest optimal place to buy (assumption of breakout in progress). $125x possible in brief spike but will need quick fingers.

Soros warning=booolish. Public, stay away (buy after parabola..lol)!!

Another 2m+ shares on AMC.TO. I sold some MDN for 10% gain in order to buy more AMC yesterday. .145 wall finally now the bid.

I was thinking of a challenge.

Everyone list say six or ten miners who will do best in the next 3 months or six months or year?

I know some of you jockey miner positions, so maybe shorter term is a strong option.

Could we differentiate juniors as a set?

Only trade-able in USA and/ or Canada?

How about some discussion?

I was thinking of a challenge.

Everyone list say six or ten miners who will do best in the next 3 months or six months or year?

I know some of you jockey miner positions, so maybe shorter term is a strong option.

Could we differentiate juniors as a set?

Only trade-able in USA and/ or Canada?

How about some discussion?

I think most are still steadfast in their positions trying to recover to entry points. Wouldn't be surprised, just my feeling. HUI as an indicator needs to make new highs before people will want to come out and play.

According to the bankcomputer I am only negative by

3% on YRI.to

But I got several 60 to 80% gains to offset this on other shares

After K.to is gone I will take a look at YRI

I am a good timer but a lousy stockpicker . And in the past I used to keep all cats and dogs . I am cleaning house this year : AU, HMY, Drooy completely gone after ten years duh

i have been thinking and continue to think we are in a run here and it will continue til the beginning of october. the market does not have to meet my parameters, it will do what it does and as long as the harmonics prevail. it will continue up. in other words. yes there are divergences, yes xau took out its highs of 2 days ago and hui did not, etc the run will carry us higher.

ageka-last time around i was in the s.africans. they dig deep mines, they flood, the miners go on strike etc etc etc etc it was one headache after the other.

good move. i clean house after every peak. so , i am rotating my positions.

greenspan warns on gold

http://www.nysun.com/editorials/greenspans-warning-on-gold/87080/

agent- i am w/you on soros, last i looked , he was one of the largest holders of gld? like the cbs do what they do, forget about what they say

I'm paraphrasing a few sentences from Dennis' latest site.

"The November FOMC meeting will take place only one day after the November mid-term elections. Fed wants absolutely no part of appearing even slightly political in nature. The Fed knows all too well that it is a creature created by Congressional fiat, and its esixtence can be snuffed out by the same fiat if Congress and the President are pushed to do so. To take material action either to tighten or to ease monetary policy immediately after a mid-term election would be political suicide and the Fed will have no part of that.

"Gold is not just strong in dollar terms, it is strong in all currency terms; it is strong in all currencies terms as gold becomes more and more to be considered a 'currency' rather than a 'mere' precious metal. It is becoming more and more to be an important reservable asset."

dharma

Because we have been talking dates, I want to bring out a chart I did from 6/2009.

The timing is good and I believe it's pretty damn amazing.

Once again, review each DAY and NIGHT and the Mayan description for each. Then look at what the $HUI did.

Next, review each mid-day/mid-night and the beginnings and look how well it matches up with inflection points!!!!

Then, for the past year the theme, according to the Maya, is "FINE-TUNING". Look at the $HUI from 11/8/2009 to now. FINE-TUNING is a great descriptor.

Next, starting November 3, 2010 is DAY 7 "FRUITION". So, what pattern would FRUITION take on? Hmm.

post-1082-12846547565375.jpg

I wouldn't object against one week of consolidation at these highs.

I posted perhaps a month ago that when we reach new highs in gold, its behavior at THAT point would be what's important. So far, we are getting COZY. The broads are a risk we'll have to see how settles.

We are entering another Armstrong turn-date, 9/22 I think?

Clearly markets are feeling pressures, but so far, speaking softly. Soon, I think we'll hear her screaming.

Any thoughts on the modern day version of a Bank Holiday via shutting down of online systems via "glitches" i.e. Chase? Wouldn't be surprised if these systems, across banks, have some shared software that could be a good scapegoat. We'll see, should be fun (for some)!!! :) :) :)

@dharma

I staid in the South Africans because they paid double in dividends what a savings account would give

However that is past for five years and I was tired of the young aboriginals wanting to nationalise the mines and the strikes and the shortage of electricity and the hedges etc

Well AU is going to pay a fortune now to lift the edges it should have lifted 9 years ago

My plan was to shift out of majors when the second stage commenced and it did . My consumer service wrote three entire lines about buying a gold fund for the daring investor :blush: :lol:

@dharma

I staid in the South Africans because they paid double in dividends what a savings account would give

However that is past for five years and I was tired of the young aboriginals wanting to nationalise the mines and the strikes and the shortage of electricity and the hedges etc

Well AU is going to pay a fortune now to lift the edges it should have lifted 9 years ago

My plan was to shift out of majors when the second stage commenced and it did . My consumer service wrote three entire lines about buying a gold fund for the daring investor :blush: :lol:

yes, i understand, the dividends are their allure. unfortunately, they are laden w/problems

fwiw,i think we are going to get more of an extended correction after this high and then the juniors will be the place to be

National Inflation Association

...With 70% of the goods sold in Wal-Mart made in China, NIA believes that Wal-Mart's massive price increases for grocery items will soon spread to all other items sold. It is crystal clear for us to see what is ahead for U.S. prices of consumer goods, yet the mainstream media continues to talk about deflation. Cotton prices have surged 28% during the past two months to their highest level in 15 years. That alone guarantees higher clothing prices, but combined with the wage situation in China, Americans could see an unprecedented surge in clothing prices in the months to come. A massive outbreak of price inflation is already taking place all around us, as Americans enjoy their final days of our artificial economy that is being propped up by China and Japan. Some people say China and Japan continue to buy and hold U.S. treasuries because of our overpowering military presence, but when they start dumping our treasuries and the bond bubble bursts, the U.S. military regime will come to an end...

post-1024-12846653656669.jpg

" I am cleaning house this year : AU, HMY, Drooy completely gone after ten years duh"

Ageka, Id stay with Drooy as they are now a cleanup company for the mine tailings in SA. They have dumped most deep mines so in essence they have 25 years of tailings to process for the big boys, already dug up and containing minor amounts of gold. Kind of like the people who buy old computers and cell phones to mine the few milligrams of gold in each.

They are completing a pipeline to double the take from the old dumps, wash out the gold, and send the residue to where it came from. Drooy is so low on the totem pole no one wants the job but in essence they are a garbage cleanup company for gold flecks.Even then I expect the dumps to produce several hundred thousand ounces per year and last over 20 years.

Archived