"There is no stock market."

Whom do you think is running out of time?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Dow 10,000 level is something else isn't it? I can remember having lunch at a Chinese restaurant some time after the attacks on September 11, 2001 in Jacksonville. I'm sitting there eating my grub and two preppy douches walk in and look at the TV screen. The one goof goes, "Wow, the Dow is above 10,000." Public relations games at their finest. :rolleyes:

Same Idiot Parade at my gym last year when gold busted through $1,000

All the meatheads were yappin' it up....

"hey'd, ya ear, gold's over a tow-sand"

"Yeah, thanks for the update f**ktard....hey you wouldn't happen to have the QUADS volume or the SPOOS level with that....would-ja now?"

Same Idiot Parade at my gym last year when gold busted through $1,000

All the meatheads were yappin' it up....

"hey'd, ya ear, gold's over a tow-sand"

"Yeah, thanks for the update f**ktard....hey you wouldn't happen to have the QUADS volume or the SPOOS level with that....would-ja now?"

:lol: :lol:

Fun With Charts

I lifted the chart below from one of Mishy's posts

Nikkei+Rallies.png

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2010/08/26-of-last-88-trading-days-have-been-90.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+MishsGlobalEconomicTrendAnalysis+(Mish's+Global+Economic+Trend+Analysis)

Note how 15,000ish served as support for several years after the initial crash

Further note, how resistance was roughly 40% higher or the 21,000 area

Now, look at the Sow

big.chart?symb=djia&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=1643&style=320&time=20&freq=2&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=5597&mocktick=1

Two probes to the bottom, at 7,500 and 7,000 after it "gave up the balloon knot" in 2000

...and 40% higher from these levels would be 10,500 and 9,800

Looks like another push to the 7000-7500 area is in the cards, and then a recovery rally

After that 3rd rally

LOB

Triple tops and triple bottoms.....there ain't no such thing

I find this statement (from the farticle), and similar ones like it about other banks, almost unbelievable....I must be missing something

According to a person who has been briefed, JPM will eventually be shutting down ALL proprietary trading in all markets in response to financial reform. This will include fixed income and equities which are much larger departments at the bank.

Right, as stated it simply does not compute. Their XXX trillion dollar derivatives book cannot be simply left to unwind on it's own accord and one assumes many of the trades have a lifetime in years.

Somehow or other they are going to have to spin off the trading operations. It is way way beyond my pay grade to understand how it will all effect their balance sheet.

I record our podcasts via skype. It's great.

As far as free phone calls. I got Magic Jack over a year ago. In fact. I have 2 of them. I love them. Would get rid of the phone but the occasional split second latency with MJ bothers my wife. It's gotten much better in the last year. On most calls there's no noticeable lag at all.

Archived