10k hats again?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started to listen to that link and got so angry I had to stop it before I threw my monitor through the wall

I couldn't listen to it all either Drano. What a delusional imbecile. It's like there's only a few of us out there that actually get it. Sad yet scary. :ph34r:

Ugh!

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The sale of existing U.S. homes sank 27.2% in July -- the biggest one-month drop ever -- largely because of the phase-out of a federal tax credit, according to an industry trade group.

So now we got the excuse for a big housing rally which is about to castrate bears -- they'll say they're restoring the tax credit.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/existing-home-sales-plunge-272-in-july-2010-08-24-101400?dist=afterbell

dear TJ and other Stoolies.

the bottom could be around OCT/nov 2010.

please go here and see chart (text in polish). its all there, incl. president mid term

http://songmun.blox.pl/2010/08/Spojrzenie-okiem-Cyklisty.html

btw

im curious Doc opinion about 4 year cycle.AFAIK he is sayin now that there are 3y cycles. so it changed. well, we will se.

I would like to see 1100 before 970 sp500. my wish.

Poor old Philadelphia can't manage to be #1 in ANYTHING.

http://www.startribu..._nDaycUiacyKUUr

The bedbug thing is about as funny as ADD. They are nasty creatures, and they are infesting the entire country. NY and Philly are hard hit because they are old, big, and millions of people visit them from elsewhere. Detroit is, well, it's Detroit.

Philly is the birthplace of our nation and was the first capital of the US. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were written there.

The Phillies won the World Series in 2008, were in it again in 2009. Philadelphia leads the major leagues in attendance in terms of percentage of capacity sold at 103.5%. It trails only the NY Yankees, who play in a much bigger stadium, in average attendance per game.

It has one of the world's great restaurant scenes and at the other end of the fame spectrum, it is the home of the cheesesteak and soft pretzel and scrapple.

It has a magnificent and thriving downtown mixing the modern and the historic. It's historic treasures fill me with awe even though I have seen them hundreds of times.

It has one of the highest concentrations of downtown residents of any US city, because it is one of the best urban living environments. It was a leader among US cities in urban renewal and regentrification. It is America's most liberal city. Some people think that's what's wrong with it but to each his own.

It is a city of homes not apartments. It is a city of trees-- millions and millions of them lining every street, filling all the parks. It hosts the world's greatest flower show every spring. Its arboretums are among the worlds best. It is home of the first botanical in the US, not to mention the first hospital and the first library.

It was the first city in the world based on an urban plan, Willam Penn's Greene Country Towne. It was the first to include public spaces dedicated as parks. It had the first public school, the first fire company, the first scientific institution, the first theater company, the first permanent theater building.

It is home of the first hospital in America, and it's still in business at the same location where it was founded. It's home to the first medical school. It has the most medical schools of any city in the US. Its museums and cultural institutions are world class. It's cultural institutions are housed in architectural masterpieces. The Academy of Music, built in 1857, is the oldest opera house in the US still used for its original purpose, and it is one of the most acoustically perfect music venues in the world. Philly is second to none in music and the arts, having large and vibrant arts organizations and institutions including the Curtis Institute of Music and the Philadelphia Orchestra and a multitude of small performing arts groups. It has numerous theaters and music venues.

The city is home to one of the largest urban parks in the world, the beautiful Fairmount Park, which extends 13 miles from the city's core to its northwestern boundary. It is one of the few cities in the US that has teams in all 5 major sports, as well as some not so major. Its Schuylkill River hosts some of the world's greatest rowing events, and is home to the historic and beautiful Boathouse Row.

It is one of the few cities in the US whose population has actually grown in the past couple of years. The city remains the center of the nation's 4th largest media market with nearly 3 million households and a population around 5.5 million.

In addition to 5 medical schools, there are 17 colleges and universities within the city limits and more than 20 more in the suburbs.

Philly is old and steady and proud. It's like a life long friend who's always there for you. Even as it has become a major tourist destination in the 21st century, with a world class convention center and hotels and a vibrant and ever changing skyline filled with architectural marvels, it is a constant, a city that reveres and preserves its history in its buildings and streets and parks. It is always recognizable, always human in scale - a city built for human beings, not cars.

Oddly, very few big corporations are headquartered there. It is a big city built on the backs of a multitude of small businesses, cultural and educational institutions, and its proud, creative, and energetic people.

Philly is struggling, like all cities, but it's doing a lot better than most because of this depth of history, and the accumulated wisdom and pride that goes with it. It's a great place to visit, and a great place to live.

I really miss it.

Go Phils! Go Eagles!

dear TJ and other Stoolies.

the bottom could be around OCT/nov 2010.

please go here and see chart (text in polish). its all there, incl. president mid term

http://songmun.blox....m-Cyklisty.html

btw

im curious Doc opinion about 4 year cycle.AFAIK he is sayin now that there are 3y cycles. so it changed. well, we will se.

I would like to see 1100 before 970 sp500. my wish.

DOW 5000 coming soon.

Beside the orgy rally in bonds the past few months, i certainly don't see anything alarming out there.

You're kidding I hope. When you make statements like that it gets me thinking about when you bought WAMU to put away for your son. You were in some kind of denial then, not paying attention to the facts. This sounds like something similar.

There's so much bad shit going on out there that I think you've become immune to it, as if it's normal or something. Well, it's not normal. Step out of that bubble once in a while and check out what's really going on in the world.

Not that you might not get a bounce on this trade. But trading is a whole nother thing from "nothing alarming out there."

Archived