Monthly Digger - August 2010

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From another board: grinch's response to a highly esteemed poster who has been heavily scaling out of his long term positions:

With great appreciation for your engagement....

The ETF's have indeed decimated the golden river-boaters.

What should have happened never occurred.

The diversion was even greater than the crooks could have anticipated.

Your grinch has the patience of a monk and the patience to have read the art of war.

The fear that the enemy uses against me is what his greatest fear must be.

There is no gold. At least not where it is supposed to be.

I've been swirling in this toilet bowl for 10 hard years.

Nobody wants out worse than I do.

It's just not time......yet.

And when I think it is, I hope to display the same courage that you are showing now and speak about it.

I don't where someone is going to hide, oil? The US stockpiles are up again. Not only are consumers not consuming they are not driving anywhere.

Too bad HL doesn't offer a dividend. I'm sure they will go back to one given time.

In the meantime, you are in the midst of a leg up and the heights aren't even scary yet......

post-1024-12821842051598.gif

I know some germans that have been selling physical gold as mad because it is down 10% from the peak

But we are up more then 300% from the bottom in euro from 300 like to 950 like

I know some others that sold shares and are now 50% in cash and want to get back in again

I think that train is leaving the station

I am also in for 10 years and physical has been a blessing ; shares have been a near nightmare

A few weeks ago I sold all my HMY and Drooy and put it in juniors . Lucky me .

I only got 10% cash left and that is allright

I know some germans that have been selling physical gold as mad because it is down 10% from the peak

I know some others that sold shares and are now 50% in cash and want to get back in again

I am also in for 10 years and physical has been a blessing ; shares have been a near nightmare

it was a process in the 70s and it is the same process now. "gold went up too far too fast". i will get out and buy it cheaper they say. @ some point and

i dont know when that it is , it will go parabolic. of that i am certain. and when it does, it wont be coming back until it tops @much higher prices.

i remember the 70s 16%inflation, yet life went on things werent that bad. sure there was fear in the air. but daily life went on . they say 2200 today woud be

the equivalent of the 875 top in 80. i will sell in tranches, but down the road, there is alot to be played out yet. sovereign debt and paying it is when the

emperor is butt naked. its all a process and it all takes time. my feeling is the banksters are entering the market from the long side, which will kick off

phase 3

dharma

i follow the 15 week cycle , but i bought the july lows. Dover Sole w/divergences is good enough for me

i see lots of folks who are lined up to buy 1k , i am starting to get the feeling the market will not accommodate all these would be buyers. i am getting the feeling that the banksters are getting long. which will kick off phase 3 and the banksters are short of patience

dharma

I thought baking soda and vinegar have effective all purpose uses then I have to add borax to the list.

25 Household Uses For Borax

Along with these 25 household solutions, borax is used commercially as an ingredient in enamel glaze, adhesives, ink for indelible pens and is more recently being used in place of Mercury for extracting gold in smaller scale mining operations. In some countries, borax is used as a food additive, but is not approved for use as such in the United States.

I'm sure Ageka could tell us how to safely clean gold and silver.

I thought baking soda and vinegar have effective all purpose uses then I have to add borax to the list.

25 Household Uses For Borax

I'm sure Ageka could tell us how to safely clean gold and silver.

If the gold or silver are jewelery you can use a copper cleaner ( abrasive fluid )or any rub it on and polish stuff . If you do this on investment gold the price will drop to 5% below melt and the coin will be logged as severely damaged with a price below VF

On investment gold the only safe "cleaner" is a solvent and the only solvent that leaves not tell tale traces is acetone on a warm dry day .Works well on proof coins too .

On silver a commercial dip may work for ugly discoloration ( but not on proofs , those are lost forever here only prevention with a desiccant helps)

Just a reminder of Gold & Silver Futures Expiration on Thursday 8/26.

I had several good weeks in a row, but last week and today have been crap. I picked up a little bit of VXX calls in case volatility gets moving / mini-crash play out. They boyz better stick save it here or else.

Archived