Monthly Digger - August 2010

Reshorting SPY but getting long-term puts...being the weekend I don't like anything short-term RE: time-value. Sold my GLD calls into this move...I do expect continued strength, possibly upto 50dma area but I'm content with catching the $16 in gold from 1190 posted yesterday.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't resist some short-term SPY puts on the shadow gap fill...I mean hell, if they want to give me money...

Wow, that's somo momo selling right there. Didn't expect this much coin so quick...$111 SPY here should provide some support but it's looking ugly.

HUI up 1.25%

Dow down 1.25%

I am not used to that :blink:

Look at the late June high in the HUI versus late June high in the Sow. Clear 5 waves down in the HUI and inversely 5 waves up in the Sow. Hence my "counter-trend" trades of late long gold short broads.

Good stuff boys!! More of the same, pul-lease!! I hate it when they move together.

Whatever makes you money is good for you :D

I figure we got another 3 good days in miners before they consolidate.

Will have to figure out tomorrow what to do if I am right :ph34r:

Have a limit sell for NGD within a gap area. It's been quite active.

Don't be fooled by the media hype, behind the curtain the banking system is on the verge of being toast again. Consumers not consuming so government trying to fill the void. When it gets really bad probably have a war break out for use as a smoke screen for everything that is going wrong.

Perfect setup. Next week opex. Everyone on summer vacation. Zero posting here usually means a launch is due.

Towards Nov/Dec there should be more selling than normal to beat the tax increases in the new year. A good buying opportunity if you sell high even if the lows only last a week or two.

I have gold opex as 26 august

Which are you referring to ?

2 things caught my attention this am

a word of caution from tony robbins

http://business.tonyrobbins.com/78/an-important-note-of-caution/

25min

this piece on seasonality of gold

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_08/holmes080910.html

i am still looking for a significant low , doesnt have to take out the previous low, the last week in august. we are in week 13/15 here. the dollar is Dover Sole w/daily divergences. dont know what the catalyst will be? but i am looking for a buying opportunity before liftoff

dharma

Archived