2 days,400 points

rally  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo. It's what you call your fig your of speech. You know. A word pitcher, meant to bring to mind something that something else stands for but isn't really if you git Mah Drift.

Doesn't the Feds participation in the TIPS auction represent a pretty sizable break from tradition. You set me straight awhile back about my errant belief that the Fed couldn't participate directly in auctions. So while they can isn't the actual doing still sort of a big deal, on the principal of the thing? Even if the amount was small in the big scheme of things? $3billion is chump change. 14 hours of deficit spending give or take.

One way or another I think the markets are going to be driven by monetary events the rest of the year. That includes upcoming G20 and I guess IMF machinations concerning SDR's and their re balancing which is beyond my little brain to understand well. Jesse discusses it here, with his gold and hard money centric spin, on which I am agnostic.

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2010/07/currency-wars-selling-them-rope.html

The crazy Fed trial balloon propaganda article of yesterday surely speaks to all eyes being on the monetary side since politics has removed the fiscal options, for now anyway.

Also on deck is TJ's pet issue he expects to be bullish. The Euro bank stress test but articles I see on it are all over the map and while the headline may prove bullish I doubt anybody who is a player will care what the silly test says one way or another.

Can't say I've ever gotten my nose close enough to goose poo to smell it... What's it smell like Doc? Elderberries? :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the following:

"Does it smell like mothballs to you?"

"I don't know - how to you fit your nose between their legs?"

I read the article again, just to make sure I didn't miss anything like "our economic system is completely broken and nothing can fix it" or "no matter what you do, we will continue to extract every last dollar from everyone of you."

Nope, couldn't find anything like that.

I am having a frustrating week,Everything pissing me off.

I wanted to possibly transfer a part of my muni portfolio to IB,they just allowed muni trading.I can currently margin up to 90% of the value of my bonds with my broker right now,which is great.But IB is the total opposite.......

IB does not allow ANY MARGIN ON individual MUNI'S AT ALL!

But if I buy a muni fund it is 50% marginable.... :blink:

So much for trying to reduce my margin interest,thought I could save a few hundred basis points. <_<

Also on deck is TJ's pet issue he expects to be bullish. The Euro bank stress test but articles I see on it are all over the map and while the headline may prove bullish I doubt anybody who is a player will care what the silly test says one way or another.

Agree with TJ's assessment that this is a potentially bullish event, for all the cynical reasons we all normally agree on.

That said, I wouldn't view it as a lock. EU financial regulation & financial media is not the same as in the US. Apples/oranges.

Archived