What to do about Gummit Spending

Congress has already sent a signal that it will no longer spend wildly. I mean it's more than a signal. They have voted to throw million of unemployed people to the wolves. The question is, who's next? Social security and medicare recipients? More likely medicaid recipients because they don't vote in large numbers. Food stamps are another candidate for cuts. The military budget? Minor trimming.

In order to right the ship, draconian cuts would be needed in the military budget, and all categories of social spending. I'm in agreement with those who say that the Department of Education needs to be abolished. So to for HHS and especially, above all HUD. All law enforcement functions should be folded into the Justice Department, and set up a regulatory division to enforce gov regs. Shut down the Energy Department. Enforcement functions should be handled within the Justice Department. Abolish the Agriculture Department. We probably need a Transportation agency, but cut it by 75% and fold it into Interior. VA should be an Agency within Defense. EPA should go to Justice, and merge it with Energy regulators. Homeland Sexcurity- Justice, natch.

Let's see. That would leave us with State, Defence, Justice, and Interior. That seems about right. Since the IRS is pretty good at collecting taxes, it should continue to do so. No tax cuts. Just pay off the debt, and dole out the savings after that to the states proportioned by population.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congress has already sent a signal that it will no longer spend wildly. I mean it's more than a signal. They have voted to throw million of unemployed people to the wolves. The question is, who's next? Social security and medicare recipients? More likely medicaid recipients because they don't vote in large numbers. Food stamps are another candidate for cuts. The military budget? Minor trimming.

In order to right the ship, draconian cuts would be needed in the military budget, and all categories of social spending. I'm in agreement with those who say that the Department of Education needs to be abolished. So to for HHS and especially, above all HUD. All law enforcement functions should be folded into the Justice Department, and set up a regulatory division to enforce gov regs. Shut down the Energy Department. Enforcement functions should be handled within the Justice Department. Abolish the Agriculture Department. We probably need a Transportation agency, but cut it by 75% and fold it into Interior. VA should be an Agency within Defense. EPA should go to Justice, and merge it with Energy regulators. Homeland Sexcurity- Justice, natch.

Let's see. That would leave us with State, Defence, Justice, and Interior. That seems about right. Since the IRS is pretty good at collecting taxes, it should continue to do so. No tax cuts. Just pay off the debt, and dole out the savings after that to the states proportioned by population.

I'm with you Doc. Difficult choices, but it has to be done and it starts with the military. We need to get the heck out of Afghanistan and Iraq like last year!

Congress has already sent a signal that it will no longer spend wildly...

Agreed...

...but as far as unemployed to the wolves....2 years worth of umemp on the Extends plan.....are you friggin' kiddin me? Unless I misunderstand the way it works, which is entirely possible....that's friggin' more than enuff

unicorn_and_rainbow-1842.jpg

Doc you forgot that Fannie and Freddie should be shut down, since they are now government funded.

There is one obstacle, and that is the probably million + people feeding off government contracts, they will all be unemployed too. It going to take alot of work to climb out of that hole.

And there is no guarantee the next bunch of douchebags in office don't ramp up spending again.

Archived