Monthly Digger - June 2010

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lurker Alert! Proceed at your own peril. :unsure:

It seems there is some apprehension over the next move. I see a break-out with no reason to be alarmed. The most recent break-out came in Oct. '09, and we're still in the uptrend.

post-4028-12778184909934.jpg

Zooming-in on the break-out, it looks like a sound cup and handle, albeit a severe one due to the market volatility in '08. I would not be worried unless we fell back towards the pivot points below 1050. A pull-back towards the 50dma above 1100 might even be healthy.

post-4028-127781892229.jpg

Zooming-in further on the daily 1yr chart, gold has been hitting new highs while not becoming overbought, with the Stochastics falling, and MACD appearing to be coiling - it wouldn't take much to turn that histogram positive.

post-4028-12778191966403.jpg

In all, from where I'm sitting, gold is on a break-out and appears to be setting the stage for a another move higher. It would only take a mere 4% to pump it over $1300, and 12% to hit $1400. If this is the seasonal summer weakness, then the fall/winter strength could be explosive. Supply & demand functions have not changed, even with the Euro problems abating (for now). And with every new high, the media attention, infomercials, and contrarian bearish anal cyst calls grab attention and drives it further. At least I will not be concerned unless we start slicing through moving averages. I agree with Dharma - the parabolic move is coming. We may be looking at the launch pad right now.

Go Gold $1300!

1225 is the pivot, unless or until we break that it is all sound and fury. waiting for the markets next signal

stewart thompson

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_s/thomson_s_062910.html

prepare for monster money printing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/7857595/RBS-tells-clients-to-prepare-for-monster-money-printing-by-the-Federal-Reserve.html

dharma

This is the ninth day without direction

They sure are shaking the tree but this fruit(cake)

is not falling :glare:

Got myself another batch Latin Union coins at melt

Belgian Leopold II 20 francs that is

MS quality

Guy with 150 of these coins panicking and selling :lol:

Archived