Monthly Digger - May 2010

I say potentially big news because who is to say when the ECB will cry uncle being that Trichet is up a creek without a paddle in the Ozark mountain wilderness with a shotgun held to the back of his head being slimed in his ear to "squeal like a PIIG(S)," while a banjo is heard playing in the distance, "twang, twang, twang, twang, twang, twang, twang, twang, twang, twang . . . twang" as he stands butt naked staring at the sign in his face hanging on the tree, "DEFAULT OR DEBASE!"

BWAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

post-1744-12731459010569.png

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well here we are kicking the tires on 1183 again, i expect this # to be dusted. i am looking for new forever highs here. bears in the gold market are clueless. inflate or die will be the harsh reality for most fiats. and the dollar is not far behind. 1198 is the next reistance and being a round #(1200)it too will provide some stiff resistance, all of these #s will be temporarily left in the rear view mirror. buckle up and keep your arms and legs in the vehicle

dharma

be aware of where your miners mines are!

cash strapped countries will extort higher taxes from mines.

and also i fully expect some mines to be nationalized.

watch chavez closely, he may be the forerunner on the continent

james cameron in avatar was prescient, not for another world but for this one

jim rogers weighs in on the currency crises

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/opinion/interviews/More-turmoil-in-global-financial-markets/articleshow/5895803.cms

I've done a lot of DD on this one and been looking for an entry point. I really liked yesterday's news and started a position today.

May 05, 2010

Sandspring presents additional Toroparu drill results,

including 216m of 1.19g/t gold and 0.24% copper in Hole 64 near surface; moving to NI 43-101 mineral resource update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 5, 2010 - SANDSPRING RESOURCES LTD. (SSP: TSX-V) ("Sandspring" or the "Company") is pleased to announce an update on gold and copper assay results from drilling of the Toroparu gold-copper deposit in the Republic of Guyana, South America.

Highlights include:

•Hole TPD-064 infill drilling on the NI 43-101 Toroparu Deposit envelope intersected a composite average grade interval of 1.19g/t gold and .24% copper over 216m.

Results from holes TPD057-TPD064 are outlined in Table 1 and comprise an additional 3981m to a drill program designed to expand and optimize grade and tonnage parameters of the known NI 43-101 compliant Toroparu gold-copper resource. A total of 17,604m of diamond drilling has now been reported to date over and above that defining the NI 43-101 resource. Drill hole locations and intercept highlights are posted at: http://www.sandsprin........y_2010.pdf

The current Toroparu gold-copper deposit mineral resource was independently modeled by P&E Mining Consultants Inc. as a potentially open-pittable deposit with an NI 43-101 compliant Indicated mineral resource of 1,369,400 oz. gold and 164 million pounds copper or 1,992,600 ounces gold-equivalent comprised of 45,574,000 tonnes at 0.93 g/t gold and 0.16% copper and an additional Inferred mineral resource of 973,400 oz. gold and 105 million pounds copper or 1,372,500 ounces gold-equivalent comprised of 36,800,000 tonnes 0.82 g/t gold and 0.13% copper. The full NI 43-101 technical report may be viewed at www.sedar.com as publicly disclosed by Sandspring on May 20, 2009, or on the Company's website.

Abraham Drost, P.Geo. President of Sandspring states: "Results from the 2010 diamond drilling campaign continue to encourage as the Company moves to both expand and optimize the Toroparu deposit. Results from Hole 64 appear to confirm elevated grade characteristics in the Main Zone deposit which should add ounces. In addition, stepout Hole 63 drilled 100m east of the current deposit was well mineralized and exhibits a series of discrete lenses grading up to 9.67 g/t gold over 9.00m. The eastern extension to the deposit will see more intensive drilling to follow up this most encouraging intercept which in addition to recent encouragement on the western extensions, bodes well for resource growth at Toroparu. The Company is actively drilling on all fronts and is now focused on delivering a new NI 43-101 mineral resource at the earliest opportunity."

Table 1: Summary of 2010 Drill Hole Composite Assays:

http://www.sandsprin........-of-1.1...

I have met Frank Holmes who runs the USG fund, he has a good record.

CKG just needs to be tucked away, and dusted off once gold is a 100 or so higher.

Some of the loose holders who anticipated a run in the stock once the PEA was out, have been shaken out.

The warrants are way cheap imo, but trade by appointment :angry:

Without a doubt those warrants are my least liquid position. Talk about a spread between bid and ask. But that was to our advantage a few weeks back when someone wanted out.

I'm watching BNN, they say that they are looking at a problem with program trading. They don't think that this is due to market sentiment. Now they have a guy on from Macquarie private wealth, he is blaming this on Proctor and Gamble, it had a glitch that hit the market. I don't buy it.

Smart money buying RGLD today. They don't own as much as a shovel but collect their royalties payments in pure gold and silver.

Major miners must be attracting dividend seekers today.

US$ chart just a tower of strength. Good for a laugh as everyone rushes to cash positions.

Heartening to see some solid divergence going on in the mining sector as SOW drops near 350 points or a little over 3%.

5% loss just in currency on my Canadian miners due to usd:cad exchange....holding back my horsies. I will post more later, been very busy. May we live in interesting times. dharma: thanks for the link, time has me short on words at the moment but there is LOTS to say.

Here is something I found on another board, if true someone will be in trouble!

Just heard (about hr ago now) from a JPM Morgan Chase trader state that he heard from their desk that some big time fund etc. accidently sold something like 17 billion instead of 17 million by mistake. Accidently added a zero! ... which may have contributed to brief 1000 pt selloff. Obviously not the total cause but shows how vulnerable we are all to the whim of big money. (I may be off on the numbers but you get the point)

Archived