Legacy

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .desert_stars_2_b-copy.jpg

Sometimes when we reach for the stars we fall short. But we must pick ourselves up and press on despite the pain....President Ronald Reagan, January 31, 1981

When you look at the stars and the galaxy, you feel that you are not just from any particular piece of land, but from the solar system....Space Shuttle Columbia Engineer Dr. Kalpana Chawla in a 1998 interview with the newspaper India Today

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seamus - I've been looking at AIG, insurers and "health care" may be areas of refuge in the coming weeks. Upside targets on your list 10-15%; downside seems greater. I am looking for a list of longs come March, it'll be the 38D Supermodels I'm afraid. It's hard for me to be long anything (even miners) these days.

Gladiator, very nice photos today. Thanks for keeping Obi Wan around a little longer.

Back on-topic. I usually don't read Wall Street Journal but did today.

Big article on gold. About 2/3 of the way through, the obligatory gold-bashing.

Nevertheless it makes me nervous to see any complimentary talk about gold in the mainstream media.

( bontchev @ Feb 3 2003, 12:40 PM)
(phatbubble @ Feb 3 2003, 12:34 PM) arch, in today's (paid) newsletter, points out that the closing TICK has plunged through the upward channel it's been in for almost 3 years.  

It has?

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$tick,uu[l,a]walaynay[dm][pf].gif

Regards,

Vesselin

here's his, which is daily closing. think he was referring to the apparent change in 3:59 pm pig-painting shenanigans....

post-3-1044296098_thumb.gif

Phat, that chart of his is no NYSE TICK, sorry. I posted a weekly TICK close - and even that isn't anything even remotely similar to his. If we look at the daily TICK close - it's even spikier:

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$tick,uu[l,a]dalannay[df].gif

Perhaps he means some kind of moving average of the TICK?

Regards,

Vesselin

Archived