(Un)employment Situation...hiding on GF

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://silverstockreport.com/2010/CFTC-plaque.html

When the open interest in silver futures contracts exceeds 800 million oz., and when the silver on deposit for delivery is a mere 50 million oz., it does not take a genius to figure out that something is out of balance. That's only a 6% backing!

When the London OTC market trades in excess of 125 million oz. of silver per day, and only has 75 million oz. of physical in the vaults, again, it does not take a genius to figure out that something is out of balance there, too. The BIS notes that the OTC "over the counter" other precious metals derivatives exceed $200 billion, which is about 12 billion oz. of silver, or almost 24 years worth of mine supply, and 160 times the 75 million oz. they have left!

Swordfish here,

there are two options:

a ) When the system will kabuum people who hold physical will be mega rich

b ) when the system will kabuum they will set a new currency which will make gold silver prices looks the same (in relative terms) or even cheaper

the problem is, we dont know what option will be played some day.

Have a good holiday, all!

I'm on the road this weekend. Precious Metals Report will not be posted Monday.

Back to regular schedule Tuesday.

It is 77 degrees here in Montreal today. Unbelievable. We are out in the back yard playing with the gandkids!

Doc,

on facebook there is a group called:

"Lee Adler is the coolest neigbour"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Foxie, despite your incredible fluency and good command of English idioms, you may not be aware of the idiomatic saying "Good fences make good neighbors." Here's a picture of Doc's back yard, which perhaps shows WHY his neighbors like living next door to him.

post-837-12702427272793.jpg

Foxie, despite your incredible fluency and good command of English idioms, you may not be aware of the idiomatic saying "Good fences make good neighbors." Here's a picture of Doc's back yard, which perhaps shows WHY his neighbors like living next door to him.

So, Doc doesn't just live a A big house....He lives in THE BIG HOUSE... :o

Seems like everyone wants FEMA to pay to gut houses to remove poisonous Chinese drywall. HEY -- here's an idea -- how about going after the builders who saved money by buying cheap Chinese garbage instead of drywall manufactured in North America?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Feds-Homes-with-Chinese-apf-3307134453.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

And then you have fine, logical, compassionate thinkers like this guy, who, after the article makes it clear what a health hazard the toxic fumes are, makes this great argument to do nothing about the problem:

But Randy Noel, past president of the Louisiana Home Builders Association, said the Chinese drywall problem has been exaggerated. He called the new guidelines "overkill."

"Nobody has come up with a house yet that has caught on fire from the Chinese drywall, no one has come up yet with a house that leaks water or gas because of Chinese drywall," he said.

He has examined numerous homes containing Chinese drywall and found minor problems, he said.

"It's a black soot on top of the copper, brass and silver," he said. "You wipe the stuff off and it looks as good as new."

Seems like everyone wants FEMA to pay to gut houses to remove poisonous Chinese drywall. HEY -- here's an idea -- how about going after the builders who saved money by buying cheap Chinese garbage instead of drywall manufactured in North America?

http://finance.yahoo...n&asset=&ccode=

And then you have fine, logical, compassionate thinkers like this guy, who, after the article makes it clear what a health hazard the toxic fumes are, makes this great argument to do nothing about the problem:

I was just reading the BusinessWeek article on this and got pissed when I read that Congress is considering "relief" for the affected homeowners!

I am with you, why the hell are not the Chinese mfg, homebuilders, developers, etc. not being held to account for this! So now I have to pay again for the failure of others. I am sick of this crap! I wonder what would happen if I decided not to pay my taxes this year!@#?

Chinese Drywall

Archived