Monthly Digger - March 2010

ageka what is the talk in europe? w/gold making new highs almost daily against the euro, and w/europeans having gone through devaluations, currencies gone out of existence, and being deceived by govts before, i cant imagine that we are that far away from a stampede!

bv- that could be a series of 1s and 2s

gm- you are the best poster on this board. if folks follow your thinking, they will get to ride this bull and make alot of money.

this is the best board i frequent, so many here get it. as time progress' it will not be for the faint of heart. w/all that is going on in the world today, we still have not had a limit up day! it is coming.

buckle up! i suspect recognition phase is not far off.

governments are buying gold so is the phys do what governments do, not what they say. its about financial survival

its a race to 0 here folks w/one fiat leading and then falling back. the dollar is no safe haven, make no mistake about that. california is just one of many states deep in the red.

dharma

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dharma

Last week I bought a bread and the bread was in a bag that advertised the name and adress and tel number of the person that would pay the most for junk gold . But I know of nobody that is selling

My house doctor making daily housecalls to help my wife thinks of nothing else then a new taxdeductible car

My nephew who inherited a metal workshop thinks of nothing else but seeing all of europe over the weekend with his new girl

I never started a discussion about gold and I am waiting for the first person to ask me about gold or tell me to buy gold

My paid consumer magazine investment advisory has said a few times that 5% gold in a large fund

is not a bad idea :blush:

In short I know of NOBODY outside mainly german forums that is intrested in gold

One sign though is telling

The quality of the gold being sold on ebay germany has become terrible

Even the ever present series of half an ounce canadian coins has dried up completely.

Those in the know are buying ; those out of the know have sold anything of intrest and the public think the euro will protect them

@dharma

Last week I bought a bread and the bread was in a bag that advertised the name and adress and tel number of the person that would pay the most for junk gold . But I know of nobody that is selling

My house doctor making daily housecalls to help my wife thinks of nothing else then a new taxdeductible car

My nephew who inherited a metal workshop thinks of nothing else but seeing all of europe over the weekend with his new girl

I never started a discussion about gold and I am waiting for the first person to ask me about gold or tell me to buy gold

My paid consumer magazine investment advisory has said a few times that 5% gold in a large fund

is not a bad idea :blush:

In short I know of NOBODY outside mainly german forums that is intrested in gold

One sign though is telling

The quality of the gold being sold on ebay germany has become terrible

Even the ever present series of half an ounce canadian coins has dried up completely.

Those in the know are buying ; those out of the know have sold anything of intrest and the public think the euro will protect them

thanks ageka, very interesting. dharma

ageka what is the talk in europe? w/gold making new highs almost daily against the euro, and w/europeans having gone through devaluations, currencies gone out of existence, and being deceived by govts before, i cant imagine that we are that far away from a stampede!

gm- you are the best poster on this board. if folks follow your thinking, they will get to ride this bull and make alot of money.

this is the best board i frequent, so many here get it. as time progress' it will not be for the faint of heart. w/all that is going on in the world today, we still have not had a limit up day! it is coming.

governments are buying gold so is the phys do what governments do, not what they say. its about financial survival

its a race to 0 here folks w/one fiat leading and then falling back. the dollar is no safe haven, make no mistake about that. california is just one of many states deep in the red.

dharma

Dharma, after this next leg up are you still expecting a pretty good sell off this summer? Do you think after that sell off the recognition phase will start? TIA

Dharma, after this next leg up are you still expecting a pretty good sell off this summer? Do you think after that sell off the recognition phase will start? TIA

i do think we have a sell off this summer. take a look @a chart even #rd years produce highs which are corrected for 18months. i dont think we correct that long this time. and then recognition. also,wave 5s are the largest appreciation for gold. its a building of momentum

dharma

Back into the AUY options I sold. The AUY April 12 calls have fallen by 50%. I just bought some back for the same price as I purchased originally, .17. This could drag on a few days + weekend, so this is my risk - I'm not worried so much about price (i.e. AUY was up fib. 5 days, so sideways/down for 3 wouldn't surprise). I look to next week for the next (much bigger) leg up.

(no changes to my JPM holdings...lots of patience here).

-Agent

So far I am in CRU, GWY, GSPG, JIN, LSG, OGC, PNP, TRY and VIPR. SPP and SCM sound great, but if you could only buy one of those two, which would you go for?

Hello vitrofan,

I follow some of the companies you own (CRU, GWY, GSPG, JIN, LSG, and OGC) except for the last three (PNP, TRY, VIPR). Very nice picks, imo.

"SPP and SCM sound great, . . ."

I'm assuming you mean SSP.V instead of SPP?

I can only report what I've done. I own approx. 2 shares of Sandspring Resources (SSP.V) for every 1 share of Sacre-Coeur Minerals (SCM.V).

Importantly, I'm not trading these shares having a longer-term perspective, and I prefer to do all my buying on significant dips and not all at once. I try to accumulate shares over periods of weakness (usually when everyone else wants to sell), when I believe the emotional market consensus is irrationally over-selling/under-valuing shares of companies with excellent management, resources and potential. (Apparently a very unpopular method and as I've been informed on this board, the market consensus knows all and is always right and determines value at any given point in time; which of course I believe is pure ignorance and idiocy.)

Secondly, I have a large bias to the companies that I own. For example, I met with management of Sandspring and participated in their private placement @ 25¢ per share. SSP didn't go public until late November @ .65¢ and waiting for its first run up, I took initial investment capital off the table at around $1.40 in late December. So I have no risk at all with the free shares that I own. I recommended the stock on Dec 8th with chart and commentary (at a website in progress) to the several posters here that contacted me via private mail requesting the info after I invited anyone here interested to do so. I also recommended to anyone that bought to sell half after a potential double (to recover initial seed money) which I can only assume the 3 or 4 who bought are also sitting on free shares.

So with all that said, I'm not buying here because that is not what I do. If I were to buy SSP, I'd probably be hoping for a .382 FIB correction level before I began accumulating or else would be looking for other companies that are Dover Sole/under-valued.

One reason I take this approach is that (as you probably are very well aware of) these stocks are very illiquid and are available to buy when everyone is panicking out, and available to sell when everyone is panicking in.

Of the 2, although I like both as speculations, I'd want to own more shares of SSP than SCM. But SCM is priced better at this point in time, imo.

Above all I do recommend you research the companies thoroughly before making any of your own investment decisions.

How's that for making a short answer long? :lol:

dharma

Thank you dharma, but I think you, Charmin, Agent, Chiefy, Meta- where R U?), Trader, humorous Grinch, Bearvest-in respect for his determined approach to charting whether I personally agree with him or not, Goose, Whadda, Ageka, CoinGuy?-Gone but not forgotten, and many others here, all make this place what it is, a worthwhile endeavor. We may not all agree at times [or perhaps most of the time? :) ], but manage to get the job done anyway with a variety of thought provoking comments. I'm very thankful for all the input that the regulars continue to share here.

We're all just doing the best we can.

Back into the AUY options I sold. The AUY April 12 calls have fallen by 50%. I just bought some back for the same price as I purchased originally, .17. This could drag on a few days + weekend, so this is my risk - I'm not worried so much about price (i.e. AUY was up fib. 5 days, so sideways/down for 3 wouldn't surprise). I look to next week for the next (much bigger) leg up.

(no changes to my JPM holdings...lots of patience here).

-Agent

"This could drag on a few days + weekend,. . . I look to next week for the next (much bigger) leg up."

Yes, certainly no surprise to see Gold down today considering 5 consecutive up days and the Employment Report tomorrow which no matter what the number usually works against the Gold longs.

And the Euro down despite today's successful bond auction . . . the Greek PM still has to meet with Merkel and Sarkozy over the weekend to discuss a backstop?

And of course not to forget the GDX Rule Book mandate requiring it to "fill the gap."

Does anyone have an opinion on San Gold, SGR.T. I'm in it at .59 and it currently is 3.35. Just wondering if any of you think it would still be a good buy at these levels. It hasn't done much price wise for the last couple of months. I'm just thinking of a trading position not adding to my core.

"This could drag on a few days + weekend,. . . I look to next week for the next (much bigger) leg up."

Yes, certainly no surprise to see Gold down today considering 5 consecutive up days and the Employment Report tomorrow which no matter what the number usually works against the Gold longs.

And the Euro down despite today's successful bond auction . . . the Greek PM still has to meet with Merkel and Sarkozy over the weekend to discuss a backstop?

And of course not to forget the GDX Rule Book mandate requiring it to "fill the gap."

My cycles suggest a last bigger leg up with a temp high in march . For me it is time to get rid

of part of the Dinosaurs I carried for too long

Anglogold, Harmony, part of Drooy, Kinross should go to make room for new names on the next relative downmove

I am still happy with minefinders and Oceana and gbg and even tnx

Not so sure about Yri

march 10th mars goes direct. a high correlation to up moves in gold. i am looking for new highs .

definitely , i appreciate all posters. but, from what i know , gm your advice is the best. planning on a move and missing it is heart breaking. i saw in sept 79 many big names in gold -went too far too fast. they got out waiting for the inevitable correction. it didnt come, and they were left watching gold more than double in a 4 month period. i fully expect we will see that again. and from much higher #s . the emperors are butt naked, drowning in debt. which fiat will protect you? gold has a long history or being money. jpm and gfs are short because they know gold brings necessary discipline to banksters. no helicopters. but hard work and savings. they will be overrun. this time we will see if they are able to change the rules!?

anyway, have your plan and strategy and stick to it! and above all dont listen to anybody. B) :P :D :D :lol: :lol: dharma

Archived