Dump more trashuries,Buy anything at market

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trading for me has never really been about money: it is about the battle. I think for me trading provides some form of adversity. The markets are cruel, unforgiving, sinister, and punishing. If you are wrong, you will feel it, your butt will hurt. Trading is about loss, which can be symbolic of any other loss in life, such as even death. You can have winners, but every trader will eventually have a loser, even one that will threaten his/her career. It is how you respond, how you come back from it that counts. Life is about how you deal with loss: life is about loss and adversity. Imagine being a gladiator in the Roman Coliseum facing death everytime you ascend into the arena, knowing eventually that you will be killed, but you go out everytime and fight with passion until, eventually, your death comes at the sharp end of a sword or the blunt end of an ax. Your blood is spilled upon the earth and your life is dismissed.

There are many ways to view life. If one is a trader, this sounds like one that works. I agree that a lot of life's challenges are about loss and adversity. Psychotherapists like me spend a lot of time trying to help people to cope with these constructively rather than destructively. You seem to have found a world view that matches what you do for a living quite well-- another way that U make yourself a survivor and a thriver in difficult situations. The markets are indeed cruel, unforgiving, sinister, & punishing. Yet U have found a way to view them realistically & deal with them constructively & to keep learning from your trading experiences. Far from making U insane, I see this as something you deserve 2 B proud of.

The part about your life being dismissed is the only one I don't agree with. You skillfully fight the good fight with the market, & contribute lots of useful info and perspectives to the board here. Whenever you die U will be missed & mourned by your friends here. As I remember, you also have a spiritual background that says your spirit will live on after death too.

Trading for me has never really been about money: it is about the battle. I think for me trading provides some form of adversity. The markets are cruel, unforgiving, sinister, and punishing. If you are wrong, you will feel it, your butt will hurt. Trading is about loss, which can be symbolic of any other loss in life, such as even death. You can have winners, but every trader will eventually have a loser, even one that will threaten his/her career. It is how you respond, how you come back from it that counts. Life is about how you deal with loss: life is about loss and adversity. Imagine being a gladiator in the Roman Coliseum facing death everytime you ascend into the arena, knowing eventually that you will be killed, but you go out everytime and fight with passion until, eventually, your death comes at the sharp end of a sword or the blunt end of an ax. Your blood is spilled upon the earth and your life is dismissed.

rispek.

SPX:

In the shortest time frame, there are 5 waves up.

It's the last wave of the C of wave 2.

Big drop ahead.

My count agrees with yours.

As I said on Friday:

Not sure if I'm Wright or Wong here, Doc, but the gold and stock charts look to me like they're winding up for a big, swift move down. If my preferred count is right, the move should start either today, or just after the holiday (meaning we drift sideways to slightly higher today). Been faked-out enough since March to be humble, though. :mellow:

The other possibility is that we bounce up to 1100-1110 SPX before the big move down. Waves structures are a little iffy at this point. Today and Tuesday's action should help clarify things.

1100-1110 done. Moment of Truth dead ahead. :unsure:

Archived