Dump more trashuries,Buy anything at market

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to live in Lima in the late 70's, it was classic Rustbelt then, can't even image what it looks like now... Of course after all the corn, soybeans and hogs things were pretty simple.

Makin Bacon:

377586667_2e921f70ac.jpg

Ah yes, Lima. I lived there between the ages of 5-10. My mother was raising me and my younger brother. We had no father and were on welfare living in the bad parts, although not the worse parts of that dump. I remember living in the Brower Rd. apartments on, you guessed it, Brower Rd. Luckily, my mother ending up marrying her way out of poverty and out of Lima. This was a good thing. It seemed that every day I was involved in some kind of fight. I remember getting off the bus before Christmas break and some punk pushed me off the bus. I ended up smashing the gift I had made my mother in art class. For that I smashed his nose in real good. Anyway, a couple of days later, his entire family -about 6 of them - caught me outside alone and kicked my arse. I got a few good licks in though, but eventually succombed to the fury of too many fists. That altercation led to many other battles. Eventually, we moved to a rural community near Bellefontaine. This was fortunate for me because I would of eventually ended up in Juvenile hall. At a young age I developed a bad temper for having to defend myself and my younger brother. I could not help myself; if the scum were messing with my brother, they had to pay. He didn't really no how to deal with the bad elements and didn't really know how to fight. By then, I actually started enjoying inflicting pain on the bad elements - to me they weren't even human and deserving . Anyway, today Lima is even worse than when I or you lived there. It is a dying town. About the only good thing that town has going for it is the Tank plant and the refinery. I don't know if you remember the American Mall, but it has been closed for awhile now. At one time, I use to live in some apartments across the road from that mall. I remember the first day there: I was outside checking out the scenery and some zombie kid tried to jump on me - oh, what a shocker. Ah, such fond memories of Lima, that dump.

Gosh, Lima sure does sound like a good place to be out of. I'm glad U found a way to survive your time there, PD, so that U could grow up & develop your talents & join us all here on the board.

The rate of bone cancer in Lima is 20 fold what it should be...Thanks to the refinery pumpin into the river

yes, and mental illness runs rampant in those areas. Probably a result of the pollution from the refinery. I often thought that maybe my mental illnesses stem from such exposure.

Gosh, Lima sure does sound like a good place to be out of. I'm glad U found a way to survive your time there, PD, so that U could grow up & develop your talents & join us all here on the board.

Don't feel sorry for me. Although I had a very disturbing and rough time growing up, it has forged me into what I am today. It really does build character; not saying that I am this man of great character or anything. I just have this strong will to survive. You could give me 5 grand in a trading account and put me under a bridge and I would find some way out of it. Also, I have a great compassion for those suffering and will do anything to help someone out who is really looking for a way out. As iron sharpens iron, the adversities of life forges true character, makes men into real men, into gladiators....

Don't feel sorry for me. Although I had a very disturbing and rough time growing up, it has forged me into what I am today. It really does build character; not saying that I am this man of great character or anything. I just have this strong will to survive. You could give me 5 grand in a trading account and put me under a bridge and I would find some way out of it. Also, I have a great compassion for those suffering and will do anything to help someone out who is really looking for a way out. As iron sharpens iron, the adversities of life forges true character, makes men into real men, into gladiators....

I don't. Sounds like U have found ways 2 use adversity to become a stronger more compassionate person. I don't see everyone doing this with adversity, but when someone does, it's commendable indeed. I know U speak the truth about your character, because I can hear those qualities in you in your posts on the board.

I don't. Sounds like U have found ways 2 use adversity to become a stronger more compassionate person. I don't see everyone doing this with adversity, but when someone does, it's commendable indeed. I know U speak the truth about your character, because I can hear those qualities in you in your posts on the board.

Trading for me has never really been about money: it is about the battle. I think for me trading provides some form of adversity. The markets are cruel, unforgiving, sinister, and punishing. If you are wrong, you will feel it, your butt will hurt. Trading is about loss, which can be symbolic of any other loss in life, such as even death. You can have winners, but every trader will eventually have a loser, even one that will threaten his/her career. It is how you respond, how you come back from it that counts. Life is about how you deal with loss: life is about loss and adversity. Imagine being a gladiator in the Roman Coliseum facing death everytime you ascend into the arena, knowing eventually that you will be killed, but you go out everytime and fight with passion until, eventually, your death comes at the sharp end of a sword or the blunt end of an ax. Your blood is spilled upon the earth and your life is dismissed.

Trading for me has never really been about money: it is about the battle. I think for me trading provides some form of adversity. The markets are cruel, unforgiving, sinister, and punishing. If you are wrong, you will feel it, your butt will hurt. Trading is about loss, which can be symbolic of any other loss in life, such as even death. You can have winners, but every trader will eventually have a loser, even one that will threaten his/her career. It is how you respond, how you come back from it that counts. Life is about how you deal with loss: life is about loss and adversity. Imagine being a gladiator in the Roman Coliseum facing death everytime you ascend into the arena, knowing eventually that you will be killed, but you go out everytime and fight with passion until, eventually, your death comes at the sharp end of a sword or the blunt end of an ax. Your blood is spilled upon the earth and your life is dismissed.

Call me insane, but that is kinda how I view life.....

Archived