Bully 10k prop jam reversal

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
butt....butt......butt.....

mainstream?

What about Shorty? What happened to the "No Bear Left Behind" policy? And the "No Bear Behind Left Untouched by Pigmen" policy? How could we post swell pictures like these on a mainstream board?

I'm not talking about content; I'm talking about interface.

Where the potential newbie first encounters the site.

I'm not talking about content; I'm talking about interface.

Where the potential newbie first encounters the site.

Of course the flip side of that is the very irreverence and weirdness of the site is what attracts some people in the first place. When I first stumbled upon Capitalstool, way back in nineteen and seventy-four, I said to myself, "Self, here's some people who are just as weird as you are! Maybe even weirderer!" And that led me to join A.S.S., of which I am still a proud card-carrying member, and the rest is history. This is really the first (and essentially still the only) market-related site that I am ever seriously involved with.

So the moral is: I prolly wouldn't have gotten past the first page if Capitalstool looked like "most" market sites. I dunno. I can see the argument for upgrading the interface, and for making it more professional -- but I think you don't want to go TOO mainstream with it, or you fail to attract the truly brilliant; i.e.- the semi-fringe dwelling weirdos that comprise the majority of Capitalstoolizens.

I'm definitely not a day-trader--just a WSE Pro reader who likes to lurk here for both knowledge and entertainment. At this point I don't really care whether one or two threads, although I think I found two confusing when I was new.

Re PyurAureo's "Change we can believe in" comment: I saw a good definition of "change we can believe in" on a Gold Bug website: a bag of junk silver!

I'm definitely not a day-trader--just a WSE Pro reader who likes to lurk here for both knowledge and entertainment. At this point I don't really care whether one or two threads, although I think I found two confusing when I was new.

Re PyurAureo's "Change we can believe in" comment: I saw a good definition of "change we can believe in" on a Gold Bug website: a bag of junk silver!

post-837-1265460640.jpg

I think it's great that the day's trading thread is opened in Australia while most Americans sleep - it really underscores the international flavor of this site and the global nature of capital markets. I think that helps make this site unique. I also like the division between the day's trading board and M2M, although I wish the close/open component were more seamless - sometimes the conversation continues on IDS in the aftermarket, sometimes not.

If you're looking for change, I would suggest (at the risk of voicing sacrilege) dumping capitalstool.com altogether and moving the IDS/M2M threads (and whatever else - I used to be an avid reader of the gold thread when I first got here) under the wallstreetexaminer.com moniker. Essentially suggesting that if the goal is to grow the community, you might need to mainstream the forum's "tenor." That would also organize the community closer to your paid product (which, dear lurkers, remains the best damned commentary available - SUBSCRIBE!).

Don't get me wrong - I love the irreverence of capitalstool.com. But I think it may create certain barriers... for instance among people (like me) who never accessed the site from a corporate job for fear of alerting corporate scanners for the word "anal" and such.

Just a thought.

What? And forsake my first love? No WAYYYYYY!!!. :D

Seriously, we already have a "serious" forum over there. 75% of the original posters have alienated me and left :lol:. We need some new blood. Go over there and start a fight!

http://forums.wallstreetexaminer.com/index.php?showforum=1

Of course the flip side of that is the very irreverence and weirdness of the site is what attracts some people in the first place. When I first stumbled upon Capitalstool, way back in nineteen and seventy-four, I said to myself, "Self, here's some people who are just as weird as you are! Maybe even weirderer!" And that led me to join A.S.S., of which I am still a proud card-carrying member, and the rest is history. This is really the first (and essentially still the only) market-related site that I am ever seriously involved with.

So the moral is: I prolly wouldn't have gotten past the first page if Capitalstool looked like "most" market sites. I dunno. I can see the argument for upgrading the interface, and for making it more professional -- but I think you don't want to go TOO mainstream with it, or you fail to attract the truly brilliant; i.e.- the semi-fringe dwelling weirdos that comprise the majority of Capitalstoolizens.

Yep. In fact, the only time we ever got written up in the mainstream media (Dow Jones Newswires) was at the beginning as Dr. Stepan N. Stool the Stock Proctologist at Capitalstool.com. In 2002, the Stool had triple the traffic that the WSE has today. Since then the market has become much more fragmented with a number of bear bloggers putting out free content, some good, some not so good, who are much better promoters than I am.

Because my goal, and my need, was to make a living at this, I went from a free content model to a paid model. Right there I lost 92% of my readers. So at that point, I had to depend on you guys, and those few who stuck around have made me very, very proud. Those who subscribed to the service have enabled me to make a living, for which you have no idea how grateful I am. As you can imagine I did not function well when working in the corporate world.

You guys have gotten me through some very difficult times and I will always be grateful for that. Not a day goes by where I don't look forward to seeing what you have to say.

So I have a problem with PR, which is way down my list of priorities below research, analysis, and creating well written, logically presented, and interesting reports. I just don't have enough interest in self promoting or proselytizing my ideas. I'd rather just create and let those who might have an interest find their way here. But I know in my heart that if I want the business to grow, I really have to try to be a little more competitive in the market (ugh).

Then of course, there's the little "problem" of my, uh... "winning personality." Yeah, that's it, "personality." ;) No way to overcome that obstacle. :lol:

Anyway, I don't know what this has to do with moving the location of a few threads around. What the hell....

According to at least one source, "The World" (POS stoopid farking project on the right) is sinking back into the ocean.

Construction stopped last year.

What the picture provides, is a graphic representation of billions of dollars being thrown down a rathole, in case you have ever wondered what that actually looks like, Whoomp! Der it is!

Come to think of it, many economies these days are -- Sinking Back -- but to where?

article-1247651-081C8722000005DC-94_634x447.jpg

Daily Mail UK

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8.swf

Just curious...

Anyone have a tally on what 0.00007% APY on money markets, saving accounts, CD's et. al. have cost the average American douche in terms of lost interest income (not to mention, lost taxes to Uncle Sugar)

I had once read the annual figure to be something like $250 BILLION

Some douche with nothing better to do, like Denninger, has to (or should) be tracking it

Anywho, $ right out of our pockets, and into the pockets of the banksters

Nuff said !

What? And forsake my first love? No WAYYYYYY!!!. :D

Seriously, we already have a "serious" forum over there. 75% of the original posters have alienated me and left :lol:. We need some new blood. Go over there and start a fight!

http://forums.wallstreetexaminer.com/index.php?showforum=1

Should work to keep the CS content & tone, but bring the CS threads under the WSE umbrella in the context of site navigation, so that a 1st time visitor understands the full picture of what's where.

And FWIW I just remembered this - did a tour of duty through a large corporate in 2004-06, and capitalstool.com was blocked.

Looked into it, and turned out the corporate had outsourced the nannyware functionality to some 3rd party company who didn't give a shit what got blocked - they actually crowdsourced the "report this site" functionality.

So, in all likelihood, someone who'd been irked by potty talk flagged the Stool...and there went hundreds of thousands or even millions of potential unique visitors.

Archived