Major Sell Signal

KW -

I was going to mention the same thing

BTW - Nut butter is a great replacement, so far Almond Butter has been my choice, but many others are available

Previously, I ate peanuts by the truckload....no more, no way, no how

Plus, peanuts are not nuts anyway....however, the same can not be said for many of the posters on this board

OOO-FAA

And lastly, I am a full one month into my variation of the China Study/Vegan food program (I despise the word diet, as much as despise adults referring to children as baby goats)...

The results thus far are pretty compelling for just 30-days (too much to write about here), suffice to say that I won't be going back to my old ways -- but then again, I was eating pretty healthy to begin with (or so, at least I thought), so it wasn't a huge lifestyle change.

The same with soy products except for tofu which has been fermented.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The same with soy products except for tofu which has been fermented.

Be careful with Soy products, I know several people whose thyroid has been damaged by over eating soy products in their diet:

Soy and the Thyroid

...there is abundant evidence that some of the isoflavones found in soy, including genistein and equol, a metabolize of daidzen, demonstrate toxicity in estrogen sensitive tissues and in the thyroid. This is true for a number of species, including humans. Additionally, isoflavones are inhibitors of the thyroid peroxidase which makes T3 and T4. Inhibition can be expected to generate thyroid abnormalities, including goiter and autoimmune thyroiditis. There exists a significant body of animal data that demonstrates goitrogenic and even carcinogenic effects of soy products. Moreover, there are significant reports of goitrogenic effects from soy consumption in human infants and adults.

Be careful with Soy products, I know several people whose thyroid has been damaged by over eating soy products in their diet:

Soy and the Thyroid

...there is abundant evidence that some of the isoflavones found in soy, including genistein and equol, a metabolize of daidzen, demonstrate toxicity in estrogen sensitive tissues and in the thyroid. This is true for a number of species, including humans. Additionally, isoflavones are inhibitors of the thyroid peroxidase which makes T3 and T4. Inhibition can be expected to generate thyroid abnormalities, including goiter and autoimmune thyroiditis. There exists a significant body of animal data that demonstrates goitrogenic and even carcinogenic effects of soy products. Moreover, there are significant reports of goitrogenic effects from soy consumption in human infants and adults.

Thank you for posting this.

Anyone know what the hell this is about in Iran - Feb. 11th?

All this military build up in the ME is a bit worrisome.

Bloomberg: Iran/China prompt U.S. battle plan strategy review

Source: (Had to capture the picture because the link is returning server too busy)

iranfeb11gauntlet.jpg

jeebus.

Sweet dreams everyone, aiyee.

EDIT: just saw that Lemur is still up. That'll learn ya to read the thread before bed ! ! !

jeebus.

Sweet dreams everyone, aiyee.

EDIT: just saw that Lemur is still up. That'll learn ya to read the thread before bed ! ! !

Yep almost four in the morning here and I am awake in bed watching the mkt.

Well, at least I made some nice coin earlier so have something to show for my Sunday night shift.

Soy and the Thyroid

I'm one of them, I was a vegetarian for many years eating a lot of soy. I'm now Hypothyroid. I tell everyone that will listen to stay away form Soy. Its in almost everything.

my theory is, eat what you like, be happy....life on earth is Short no matter what you eat

Have you had open heart surgery yet? How about dialysis? Have you had to drain yellow pus like fluids out of your body? Do you enjoying taking a 6 or 7 drug cocktail? Keep eating the Krispy Cremes and you too could have this wonderful life...

I can tell you my dad's last few years were not that pleasant....but he did take your advice to the end....

Archived