Major Sell Signal

Well its almost breakfast time here and I am going to have one of these for breakfast.

But I have low cholesterol, lowish blood pressure and no family history of heart disease so its probably ok for me to eat like that. Others not so much.

post-4436-1265001340.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you had open heart surgery yet? How about dialysis? Have you had to drain yellow pus like fluids out of your body? Do you enjoying taking a 6 or 7 drug cocktail? Keep eating the Krispy Cremes and you too could have this wonderful life...

I can tell you my dad's last few years were not that pleasant....but he did take your advice to the end....

Sorry to hear about Your dad.

I have to drop in here for open mic night. Because. Well. I may never have the chance again. Peanut butter, aside from aflatoxin, is among the most atherogenetic foods, likely due to its lectins. Nutrition is a relatively young science. I can cite several recent studies that suggest saturated fat is not the boogeyman it's been made out to be. This is one. I can also cite studies (example) showing vegetarians have higher levels of advanced glycation end products, perhaps because of their higher fructose consumption. Does this mean we should not eat fruit? No. But there's a down side to it. In moderation, it's fine. The ethics of killing aside, we evolved as omnivores. People can be healthy on a wide variety of non-extreme diets. Our grandmothers really were right when they told us to eat balanced. In general, most people would do well to limit or remove all refined carbohydrates (if there's added fructose, run in the opposite direction), trans fats, and oils high in omega-6, and not to eat anything (I'm talking junk here) that out great-grandparents wouldn't have recognized as food. But Shorty is right. Life is short. Everyone has to find what works for them.

Go bears. :ninja:

atherogenic

adjective Referring to the ability to initiate or accelerate atherogenesis?€”the deposition of atheromas, lipids, and calcium in the arterial lumen

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/atherogenic

You know, stupid as it may sound, the peanut butter thread may be one of the more important things for some people to have read this weekend.

And I have often wondered if that ridiculous "fruitarian" diet that Steve Jobs followed for years (hence the "Apple" computer, named after his favorite fruit) was responsible for some of the health problems he's had. No protein, no green veggies... yeesh.

atherogenic

adjective Referring to the ability to initiate or accelerate atherogenesis�€”the deposition of atheromas, lipids, and calcium in the arterial lumen

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/atherogenic

You know, stupid as it may sound, the peanut butter thread may be one of the more important things for some people to have read this weekend.

And I have often wondered if that stupid "fruitarian" diet that Steve Jobs followed for years (hence the "Apple" computer, named after his favorite fruit) was responsible for some of the health problems he's had.

You staying up all night too Drano?

Archived