Monthly Digger - February 2010

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi bv think you did not see my post on the other thread. you asked me about gm but im not the one to ask. here was my answer for you. hope this helps. bv gm gave a caution sell on jan8 and sell confirm jan12. his sell is for people who trade. there is way to much to explain an over my head. so you need to pm him yourself if you want the info. sure worth the effort if you ask me. guy has been right so far and makin me lots a money. sandspring is in guyana and simler to kilometer 88 in venzuela. so far a double for me. took half my money of the table so far. no sell call needed as that is what your suppose to do when you buy the bottom according to gm. hope this helps. chuck

Surfer, I'm not surprised that I dig through just a few posts to reply to anyone that has addressed me to find this. After reading (what your referring to) I see that Bearvest is still doing his best to make dust for others. IMO, true to form he's just "Bear Baiting" you with no intention of responding.

I'd explain it to the Bearvest, again, but I already have, NUMEROUS times, and to NO avail. He just doesn't ever get it.

When you accumulate at historically over-sold/undervalued opportunities such as the 2008 Oct-Dec 'BUY OF THE DECADE," where anyone and his monkey could have used the "Monkey Dart Throw" approach to buying the EXTEMELY Dover Sole/undervalued gems that the Market Consensus Ignoramuses in their usual "Deep Forest Fog of Ignorance" (that Bearvest erroneously raves on about that determines "value") were panic selling, those buyers ended up making 3 to 4, as much as 10 baggers and more!

For the umpteenth time, there's no TA Charting necessary to tell you when to sell. Just set trailing stops on the way up and take initial investment capital off the table after doubles, triples, quadruples, etc. Yes, sometimes using trailing stops you can even get 3-4 baggers before taking out seed money. And then hold on, risk free, to reap the huge gains as these gems are eventually bought out at much higher prices.

That is called SELLING. :D That is what long-term investors like me have been doing since the "Back Up the Truck Opportunity of Nov-Dec 2000.

As far as the charts that I've posted hundreds of, THEY ARE JUST AS GOOD AT SHOWING YOU TIMES TO SELL AS THEY ARE AT SHOWING YOU THE TIMES TO BUY. Just because I didn't market a BIG RED circle around such 6-SIGMA SELL events doesn't mean those charts failed to show the many selling opportunities. Yes, the forest is deep, dark and about as dense as it gets.

Secondly surfer, BV is still choking on the lumps of coal he swallowed "after attempting to make dust for others" blinding himself in the process, being short Gold and Commodities all the way up in 2009. Talk about an example of turning a large fortune into a small one, there you have it.

Finally, the Jan 28th HUI "POSSIBLE" Buy is only "POSSIBLE" and NOT confirmed. (And after seeing BV getting Bullish, I have my doubts. It may only be a bounce with a 5-wave down? I need to really pay attention this coming week!)

Looking at Friday's market action and making a few observations:

Q4 GDP growth estimate came in at 5.7%. But when we back out statistical adjustment for inventory changes (doesn’t affect real growth), the GDP rate falls to only 2.2%. On top of that, the GDP deflator was calculated at just 0.6%. Anyone surprised?

0.6% understates inflation by a country mile. Even IF we were to be very generous to use a 2.5% year-over-year CPI increase in December for this deflator, we would still end up with negative GDP growth for Q4 once we back out the inventory adjustment.

Yes, just another smoke and mirrors / get all excited about nothing government statistic.

Gold Stock Sentiment . . .

I'm sure that some Gold Stock letter writers and anal cysts are foaming at the mouth that the Gold stocks are telling us Gold is about to crash to the $1,030 level. But then they would be ignoring the history of the past few years where the Gold stocks have consistently overestimated a decline in Gold, especially over the past 4 months. They’d also be ignoring the fact of intense physical demand at these levels.

Intense Physical Demand . . .

In no uncertain terms, the collapsing GOFO rate (3M GOFO rate collapsed 4 bps to 0.16% and another new 52-week low) is telling us that the physical Gold market is becoming tighter and tighter and tighter and quickly approaching "Backwardation." Which may be one reason why that despite the US Peso Index continuing to push higher on Friday above its December lows, Gold still refused to collapse below its December low. Is it any coincidence that Reuters reported that premiums on Gold bars hit a 13-month high in Asia Thurs. night? Well, it was certainly no coincidence that the COMEX sellers that tried for a 6th day in a row to break Gold down below its December lows failed again on Friday. hmmm . . .

Speaking of "Backwardation," unlike other commodities, Gold very rarely goes into it (backwardation), and only when:

• the market fears a collapse in the currency and/or

• the market is worried about counter-parties making good on their promise to deliver gold (recall 1999 when the Washington Agreement was announced and the shorts were squeezed) or more recently (in November '08 when the "End of the World" Market Consensus Ignoramuses that never saw it coming were panicked out of their gourds and nobody trusted anything but physical Gold that they could hold in their hands).

Once again approaching official "Backwardation" in the Gold market gives momentum to the concern that some type of "Currency Event" lies directly around the corner.

UPDAGTE 1-Premiums for gold bars hit 13-mth high on China

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:15am IST

http://in.reuters.com/article/domesticNews...E60S05Y20100129

Yes, Gold demand remains extremely tight and the only other comparable time in recent history is Oct-Dec '08. As we saw then, at some point, the metal simply took off from that "W" low. If history rhymes, this recent low would be another "W bottom” as shorts were forced to cover.

The difference between now and the '08 crash, I would point out in my opinion anyway, appears to be that now Gold has been correcting more out of “fear” than from the "forced liquidation-type selling" we observed in '08. All the more important to keep eyes peeled on the various liquidity measures.

PIM(P)CO's "Bond King" Bill Gross interviewed just before the recent FOMC statement where the jist of the interview has been translated (by me):

Market Consensus Ignoramus: "So what are you watching for today, Bill?"

GROSS: "Two things: One, I want see “extended period,” and Two, I want to see what they say about the March end date of the MBS buying."

Market Consensus Ignoramus: "Well then, why aren’t mortgage rates a lot higher since everybody knows the Fed will stop buying mortgages in March, and they’re CURRENTLY BUYING ALMOST 80 PERCENT OF ALL MORTGAGES? (my humble emphasis)

GROSS: "Well, it’s a game of chicken."

That's basically what transpired. According to Gross, the FED is playing a "game of chicken."

Anyone wanna take bets on who swerves first? March 16th? Chopper is cutting it way too close! :lol:

Anyone else notice the uptick in gold bearish talk out of China? I like it. They want theirs. That's fine. But they're not prying it from my hands. Nice to see you back, GM. Thanks for the Guyana suggestions.

Thanks for the welcome back Skid . . . still catching up on all the posts.

"Abraham Drost's shell graduate, Sandspring Resources Ltd. (SSP), has continued its steady rise. Sandspring has one project to promote, the open-pit Toroparu copper-gold property in Guyana. Mr. Drost claims the Toroparu mineralization is remarkably similar to the 10-Million-ounce Las Brisas gold deposit in the neighbouring province of Venezuela."

(Stockwatch, Shell Summary)

Dumpty dumb . . . just checkin a few charts here and a few charts there . . . wow . . .

wow . . . just what I like to see . extreme bearish sentiment.

Anyone check the Rydex Gold Fund volumes lately? Looking at the chart I see that on Thurs. Jan 21, there was an extremely high volume, 40% Outflow?! In one day? A new record? wow . . . Certainly puts into perspective the "%B 6-SIGMA" over-sold magnitude of the capitulation we've seen so far in the Gold stocks. Stating the importance of watching this coming week's market action would be an understatement.

Sorry, perusing old news, BUT ever more comic relief! :lol: :

One side of the mouth:

Obama to seek three-year freeze on domestic spending

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama, under pressure from deficit hawks, will seek a three-year freeze on domestic spending in his 2011 budget that would save $250 billion by 2020, administration officials said on Monday."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0012504052.html

Simultaneously, the other side:

Obama’s Measures for Middle Class

"WASHINGTON — President Obama vowed on Monday to “reverse the overall erosion in middle class security” as he stepped up his efforts to reconnect with Americans suffering from a weak economy and high unemployment."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/26/us/politics/26obama.html

Excuse me Mr. President but not allowing 1/6th of the Federal budget to increase for 3 years while at the same time proposing new spending programs that more than offset any “savings” and calling it a “spending freeze” is pure spin! he he he!

How about IF Chopper announces in March another $1.5 Trln of MBS monetization for 2010 and then calls it “tightening”? Too, too much . . . :lol:

Archived