Dr.au's Last Report

I will cease reporting due to total lack of interest. Even when I get it right, which if you've been following me, which I doubt you have and are in fact likely not even reading this, I've received nearly zero feedback. I see points I've raised being discussed by others without as much as a by your leave to me. I'm not at all bitter about this. It's just the way it is and frankly I've got better things to do with my time. I trade for profits. My posts, I guess, are some altruistic means to help others. I'll still be here and I will chip in with my 2 cents now and again but I will NOT waste my time with regular posts.

Anyway, good luck.

Thus ends the Saga of Doctor Gold, we return you now to ThorAss, one personality leaner.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BAA*BAA

THORa$$ ... I read your posts regularly.

You have much to say that is worthwhile reading, and yet, that in itself means there is little left to be said. If you want feedback, I'm sure people would respond. I wouldn't be too concerned at the moment at the overall lack of action ... all the gold boards are very quiet (since October when gold and gold stocks got hammered) and especially this one with all the changes recently. Don't leave now. We'd miss your regular daily updates.

My 2c worth.

BAA*BAA

Hunh, another couple of encouraging posts like that one and I may be forced to reconsider. :D

Actually I'm afraid I do need the feedback. The reasons are this. #1, I'm not a paid columnist and I have no clients, so I receive no e-mails to prove someone is reading my stuff. If no one is reading it, then there is zero reason for me to write it. I also need the feedback for my own purposes, sort of hoping to bounce my ideas off you other stoolies. I was hoping to set up the board as more of a discussion group, asort of Mark To Market specifically related to all things Precious and Heavy. Unfortunately Mark's board is that de facto group and thus this board is superfluous. I, personally feel no compunction to post there, not because I don't like Mark's take or the thread, but just (like this sentence) it is too long. I read something I'd like to respond to, then it's 5 pages to the end of the thread. At that point I figure why bother. There is far more discussion about gold over there than there ever was here. In fact when you read the posts, you can tell that all but a few never come to the outpost. So, I ask you, if my point in posting is to set up a Gold discussion group rather than a staid report blah blah blah, where am I going wrong? Not enough sex, not sexy enough, too pc?

Basically if people are happy to use Mark's thread as their Gold discussion Group of choice, after hours, of course, then so be it, I don't intend to fight city hall. I may add bits and pieces there but again it's just too big, covers too many topics and is too time-consuming for my tastes. Like Torah Man says MTM is a Coffee Shoppe and its fun and a little exciting. It's the one-stop shop of Stoolsville. I have attempted to get the gold germaine discussions to go here but that is not what the public wants. So, okay, I tried.

Oh and the PMs Buy/Sell signals leapt to +41, a new high. Trade safe!

ThorAss,

That would be a shame if you left. It's a great board. I would like it to be more lively as well but then again, not many investors have seriously considered adding gold to their fartpolios. Some of us feel that our knowledge is too limited and will therefore lower rather than raise the level of quality that you bring to the board.

Look, we are on the brink of war with Iraq. Gold looks like it's about to take out previous levels of resistance. El Qamela keeps threatening "spectacular" attacks. The bond market has topped out. The dollar is about to implode. Where will all the money flow? Don't worry! You've got your niche cut out for you.

Finally, I would like to personally thank you for helping to put together my gold portfolio. It would have taken me much longer to dig out all the information. And who knows... I may never have bothered at all. If you keep posting, then I will also make every effort to post here more often.

Thor, I read every day everything that is posted to this board, including your posts. After all, I am interested in gold stocks. The reason why I reply only rarely to you is because I normally don't post unless I disagree with something or I can provide an answer to a question somebody has asked. Most of the time I agree with what you post here.

BTW, you can look at the "views" conter on your posts for a measure of how much they are read.

People have been discussing gold in Mark's forum? Didn't know that; the forum has become too chatty, so I started reading only Mark's initial message there.

But, as pitBull said, it would be a pity if you leave. There are few good technicians around that offer their work for free and the more we are (and the more we communicate with each other) - the better. It will help eveybody to get a better grasp at these crazy markets. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Vesselin

Thor - your too good. How could a simpleton respond to the indepth analysis you bring. First pit stop usually each morning - over coffee. Best gold spot on earth. It was just after your reminder the other day in IDS about buying the lulls that I picked up RGLD for a trade. And Yet, I'm still holding out on other miners that I probably bought at the wrong time cuz I didn't watch Thor in action - which is to say I try the best I can. Kinda wished I had loaded up to the gills the last time gold was at $300.

It's always better to lighten up than give up. Is that a Chinese saying. :D

Guess I better add something for today:

Gross could have added Bernanke also remarked in passing that in 1933-34 the Fed finally ended U.S. inflation by... buying gold. Crapvision

Guess that won't happen this time - since they're fighting deflation.

Thor,

I get a lot out of your posts. You probably know the "investing world"..... a lot of "I know this and that, but I don't want to talk about it" going around.

Many have problems discussing specific methods...just a lot of generalities.

I'm still trying to get my bearings with gold trading, but actually think it will be "easier" trading than with the broad markets....maybe.

Still learning.

Hope you keep up the good work. :huh:

Well why didn't you say so? :o

Okay, okay! I'll keep going for no other reason then if People who aren't Stoolies yet start to search around maybe they'll find our little band of gold and join in. If I could ask you guys just every now and again to chime in. No need to be obsequious, I can handle a "You're up Shit Creek without a paddle."

Okay, (I feel like a quarterback calling a huddle), right men, they've got their PREVENT DEFENSE on so we're going to have to be careful. Here's how I see it. We headfake left, we headfake right, drop back a little and go LONG, then go for the extra points. :D

Basically, I'd like to see an inside, low range consolidation day. Maybe not today, maybe tomorrow. Don't want this rally to overheat. Definitely don't want to see any lower lows at this point. Need to see some more pent up buying demand. We've got a couple of important resistance points before the top of the triangle on the Hewey. Let's have a look.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$HUI,uu[w,a]daclyyay[dc][pc50!c200!f][vc60][ilb14][J8097570,Y].gif

We are at the all-important 122 resistance right now, this resistance has not been beaten yet. Next is the old high of 124.88, which will be an important hurdle to close above. Just above that (1 point) is the Top of the Triangle. A close up there will generate some buying. Will we get there without gold taking out 326? Probably not, well not for long anyway.

I remain 120% long (ticking down slightly due to cash coming in from the broad shorts) and 40% short the broads. If you want to see the trash I'm shorting check out The Long and the Short of It type posts over on LOB.

Topic of discussion for today: What do you guys think of Fartpolio Manager's admission on IDS that he wished to short NEM? (I have no idea if he executed. I do know it closed on a high.) Is that wise? Is it based on sound technicals that I'm not seeing. Is it a relative weak gold so therefore a safe short? I'm just interested, I'm implying no criticism. I am long NEM but it's not my largest holding and I got it at a good price. Is NEM an evil HEDGER or a survivor? Does anyone care or should we just hug our charts?

Here's a picture of one of Al's Merry Men painting the tape. Lucky the photo is in b&w so no one will notice the gold paint.

9455_0074.jpg

...but we know what's goin' on.

goldfing.jpg

Huddle :)

122, 124, 140 !!!

Thor !!! HUI is wide open - Go looooong :D

I've got a number of bids under market just in case we get some wild intraday swings. POG hardly flinched as the ECB closed the interest rate differential with the USD. Looking good still...

Thor I poke my head in here frequently, but rarely have much to comment on since I'm not very interested in the paper aspects of gold other than through my recent buy in to Prubear, and that's Tice's problem.

And let's face it the physical market isn't that exciting.............yet B)

I still contend even the best of the best in miners is vulnerable to an overall sudden down draft in stocks, though recovery should ensue quickly for the really good ones. There's just too many performance chasers out there in paper land to suit me. Nobody is buying or selling on fundamentals.

I still contend even the best of the best in miners is vulnerable to an overall sudden down draft in stocks, though recovery should ensue quickly for the really good ones.  

Short-term seasonals show a possiblity of an XAU selloff with the broad market about this time 12/5-12/6 and a minor seasonal low arond 12/11. I'm long and not a the best level either. :(

Thor,

What the hell are you thinking? You quit,you come back,then you go to bed?? :D

Topic of discussion for today: What do you guys think of Fartpolio Manager's admission on IDS that he wished to short NEM? (I have no idea if he executed. I do know it closed on a high.) Is that wise? Is it based on sound technicals that I'm not seeing. Is it a relative weak gold so therefore a safe short? I'm just interested, I'm implying no criticism. I am long NEM but it's not my largest holding and I got it at a good price. Is NEM an evil HEDGER or a survivor? Does anyone care or should we just hug our charts?

Fart did short nem but was stopped out. He'll short anything with a symbol :D :D We have enough short interest in the miners without every day trader popping them for fun :angry: :D I think I'll go hug my little Ricci..LOL..I gotta get some sleep now so stick around a little longer and we'll try to throw a little love your way from time to time :rolleyes:

Regards,

Stormydaze aka Stormdrain

Archived