Bulgaria - The Weak End Leader

The antidote for tanks:

When in Tacoma saw one fly over. What caught my attention was the unusual noise it made. It is the closest thing to a flying tank. The 20mm chain gun in its nose usually cleans house. However this is old technology that has been updated. New use was the armored cluster f*** bomb used at start of last Iraq invasion. One big one that spread lots of smaller heat seeking anti-armor bombletts. Apparently one of these million dollar bombs was dropped over a Tank battalion (Included support vehicles = about 100 spread over half a square kilometer). End of story was 60% totally destroyed. What remained reversed direction.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Dear phatbubble, do you detect any potentials worth discussing that will emerge from the up-coming 2 eclipses:

dec 31, 2009 2:14 pm est at 10 degrees 15' cancer (lunar eclipse)

followed by

jan 15, 2010 2:12 am est at 25 degrees 01' capricorn (solar eclipse)

some observers think that these eclispes will trigger serious diplomatic conflict with China, leading to a loss of control over us currency and trade practices.

best regards, phat, and remember, no matter what, Stoolville expects......!

jickiss!!!!!!!

ps Delaware County PA is under about 24 inches of snow, so your jickiss is going out to shovel (snow, that is HooHA!)

back later!

(makes Maui look better and better)

jick - the general way people treat eclipses is to look to where they happen, and subsequent triggers (up to 6 months later) that 'activate' them.

E.g. if the 15 Jan 10 eclipse is at 25 deg 01' Capricorn, then you'd look to who or what else has something going on at that point in their chart...and when the next 'hit' is to that same spot in Capricorn that activates the eclipse.

Anyway, the punch line is that I don't have the Chinese birthchart to hand, or have a way to scan a number of charts to see what country or company has a 'sensitive' spot at 25 deg 01' Cap.

Since you mentioned it, though, Mercury goes direct on 15 Jan 10.....and that's also one of the dates floating around woo-woo land for the 'upcoming US bank holiday'. No opinion myself.

Am long firewood & gin though.....

What caught my attention was the unusual noise it made.

Noticed the same thing when I saw a few on demonstration at the Fort Dix airshow a few years back.

All I know is that if I were on the other team, and heard one or even worse a group of those beasts heading in my direction I am relatively certain that I would do #1 and #2 in may pants simultaneously.

Problem is, you can't hear them coming. You only hear them when they are on top of you.

The noise is friggin scary sh*t, and that's without the gattlin' guns firing.

Here's a good video clip of what I mean, watch how the planes come out of nowhere.

Noticed the same thing when I saw a few on demonstration at the Fort Dix airshow a few years back.

All I know is that if I were on the other team, and heard one or even worse a group of those beasts heading in my direction I am relatively certain that I would do #1 and #2 in may pants simultaneously.

Problem is, you can't hear them coming. You only hear them when they are on top of you.

Here's a good video clip of what I mean, watch how the planes come out of nowhere.

Took the kid-o to the air show this past October. Simply awesome.

They showed the shell that comes out of the gatlin gun in the nose of the A-10. I can't imagine being on the receiving end of it!

WOH_SAT_img_0187-g10_std.jpg

Anyone remember the movie Blue Thunder?

apachehelicopter.jpg

The quietest plane was the largest and one of the most impressive planes C-17 Globemaster.

c17globemaster.jpg

Yes, the payload arrives probably shorty before their sound.

When in Tacoma saw one fly over. What caught my attention was the unusual noise it made. It is the closest thing to a flying tank. The 20mm chain gun in its nose usually cleans house. However this is old technology that has been updated. New use was the armored cluster f*** bomb used at start of last Iraq invasion. One big one that spread lots of smaller heat seeking anti-armor bombletts. Apparently one of these million dollar bombs was dropped over a Tank battalion (Included support vehicles = about 100 spread over half a square kilometer). End of story was 60% totally destroyed. What remained reversed direction.

The A-10 canon is a 30mm, not a 20mm. The Apache is nice too, why not have both? I could get to work in an Apache and they wouldn't dare fire me. :)

Sweet clip. The A-10 is the only aircraft to surround its pilot with a titanium tub for maximum survivability, and it can still fly while heavily damaged. It's by far the toughest airplane out there.

You guys are missing the "boat" w/ yer Warthogs and Apaches. For the ultimate in ground support, you need an AC-130:

post-160-1261354592_thumb.jpg

The AC-130U, commonly referred to as "U-Boat", is the most complex aircraft weapons system in the world today. It has more than 609,000 lines of software code in its mission computers and avionics systems.

The fire control system offers a Dual Target Attack capability, whereby two targets up to one kilometer apart can be simultaneously engaged by two different sensors, using two different guns. No other air-ground attack platform in the world offers this capability.

The side-firing weapons array consists of one 25mm GAU-12 Gatling gun (firing 1,800 rounds per minute), one 40mm L60 Bofors cannon (with a selectable firing rate of single shot or 120 rounds per minute) and one 105mm M-102 Howitzer cannon (firing 6 to 10 rounds per minute).

The M102 105mm Cannon was derived from the Army field artillery M1A1 howitzer and was modified to be fired from the left rear side door of the AC-130 gunship aircraft.

http://www.air-attack.com/page/40/AC-130-Gunship.html

You don't want to be anywhere in the vicinity when those 105mm shells start hitting the ground.

These heavily-armed aircraft incorporate side-firing weapons integrated with sophisticated sensors, navigation and fire control systems to provide precision firepower or area-saturation fire with its varied armament. The AC-130 can spend long periods flying over their target area at night and in adverse weather. The sensor suite consists of a television sensor, infrared sensor, and radar. These sensors allow the gunship to visually or electronically identify friendly ground forces and targets in most weather conditions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_AC-130

GLOBEX opened with a minor move down and now everything is back on track and heading higher. Nothing has changed. Tomorrow is Monday and the gods, that is Goldman Sachs and the Fed's trading desk, say that the market will close positive.

Everbody is either too scared or else too conditioned to do anything different.

Technical analysis has boiled down to buy every dip shortly after a market opens anywhere in the globe and the timezones are crossed, or else an hour (+-) before any given market closes (or in the case of Japan when the morning session closes as well as the afternoon session closes).

Is is a government fiat to buy the markets with goverment fiat money. Makes sense (dollars and cents). Just don't try to think whether it is right.

Not sure if I am interpreting your comment correctly, but Fidelity, TD Ameritrade & others allow purchase of individual bonds in amounts as low as [1] bond ($1,000 face).

While the bid/ask spreads may appear wide in some cases, I have found this to be less meaningful in this market due to lower liquidity & trading volumes. At the end of the day, you are getting cleared at or very near where BIG buyers are getting filled.

To expand further, I have certainly seen cases where the bid/ask was say 55/75 on a "risky" name. But to me the 55 is almost meaningless, being that you'll see most trades clearing in and around 77. In fact, it's really no different than seeing an option at a certain strike set say 1.80/2.20, and then you put in a buy at 2.05 and get hit. The flip side of course are actively traded names where that same situation would have a spread of say 1.95/2.00.

If you want to sell bonds once you have them -- it is definitely harder (i.e., you are far most likely to be offered a bid away from the market) because in most cases the individual will not have SIZE (e.g. $1,000,000 par). This is the biggest downside to doing this. Hence, when you buy bonds this way your best plan is holding them to maturity. The good news is that with the likes of HYG and JNK you can hedge yourself using options, but that ain't cheap -- but it is an alternative if so inclined.

But alas, I am beginning to ramble

Ha .. I didn't realize there was as low as $1000 face on offer across interesting names. Had assumed this was only a very narrow range of AAAs.

Shows what I know...

Cheers TJ. Question answered.

p.s. not rambling as far as I'm concerned. Great post, esp the alternate options hedge bit & mid spread notes.

You guys are missing the "boat" w/ yer Warthogs and Apaches. For the ultimate in ground support, you need an AC-130:

post-160-1261354592_thumb.jpg

The AC-130U, commonly referred to as "U-Boat", is the most complex aircraft weapons system in the world today. It has more than 609,000 lines of software code in its mission computers and avionics systems.

The fire control system offers a Dual Target Attack capability, whereby two targets up to one kilometer apart can be simultaneously engaged by two different sensors, using two different guns. No other air-ground attack platform in the world offers this capability.

The side-firing weapons array consists of one 25mm GAU-12 Gatling gun (firing 1,800 rounds per minute), one 40mm L60 Bofors cannon (with a selectable firing rate of single shot or 120 rounds per minute) and one 105mm M-102 Howitzer cannon (firing 6 to 10 rounds per minute).

The M102 105mm Cannon was derived from the Army field artillery M1A1 howitzer and was modified to be fired from the left rear side door of the AC-130 gunship aircraft.

http://www.air-attack.com/page/40/AC-130-Gunship.html

You don't want to be anywhere in the vicinity when those 105mm shells start hitting the ground.

These heavily-armed aircraft incorporate side-firing weapons integrated with sophisticated sensors, navigation and fire control systems to provide precision firepower or area-saturation fire with its varied armament. The AC-130 can spend long periods flying over their target area at night and in adverse weather. The sensor suite consists of a television sensor, infrared sensor, and radar. These sensors allow the gunship to visually or electronically identify friendly ground forces and targets in most weather conditions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_AC-130

Old stuff.

I'm sure they have cluster bomb stuff now that sterilizes at least square quarter miles at a time.

GLOBEX opened with a minor move down and now everything is back on track and heading higher. Nothing has changed. Tomorrow is Monday and the gods, that is Goldman Sachs and the Fed's trading desk, say that the market will close positive.

Everbody is either too scared or else too conditioned to do anything different.

Technical analysis has boiled down to buy every dip shortly after a market opens anywhere in the globe and the timezones are crossed, or else an hour (+-) before any given market closes (or in the case of Japan when the morning session closes as well as the afternoon session closes).

Is is a government fiat to buy the markets with goverment fiat money. Makes sense (dollars and cents). Just don't try to think whether it is right.

Snowstorm...holiday week..bonuses...and probably absolutely no volume......they may open the thing up and it will just freeze for six hours....

Archived