judge.jpg

Why is it I have never seen you and Timmy Geitner in a room at the

SAME

TIME....

?????

:P

:D

maybe they always pull the blinds

It appears from this article that 47% of Goldman's net revenue goes to employees. Is that a lot?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091210/ap_on_...2xkbWFuc2FjaHM-

As a future GS shareholder, I think we need to make sure that these dedicated people get paid enough for all they do.

:ph34r:

An old estimate is that in America direct labor costs accounts for 15% American manufacturers gross costs. I don't know if that is close to true and probably doesn't figure in how these costs compound. Like the cost of the steel they buy from US Steel contains US Steels labor cost and their cost included the labor cost of coal and so on. Then too there is probably a wide variation. Point being a 70 year jihad against employee compensation here, lead by Wall Street and culminating in the elimination of vast swaths of American manufacturing again lead by Wall Street, suggests there is a dual standard here.

I assume most GS stock holders are pleased those ruthless sharks working for GS make all that money and it is their due. Besides, that Abby Cohen is such a nice lady.

I worked once at a tiny specialty machine manufacturer where there is no way direct floor labor was more than 5% of all their costs yet the owner and his uneeded company president were absolutely convinced that the shop labor was what was keeping this barely profitable place barely profitable. Discussion and memos detailing that cutting thse direct labor cost was their number one objective abounded . When I mentioned that if the workers were not paid at all the place still wouldn't be very profitable they could not grasp the concept. Literally could not put 2+2 together. So wedded to a theory or ideology that workers, and this was skilled fabrication work, had to be getting paid too much and that was the key to profitability, that all reason went right out the window. It just had to be labor costs. They just knew it in their bones.

An old estimate is that in America direct labor costs accounts for 15% American manufacturers gross costs. I don't know if that is close to true and probably doesn't figure in how these costs compound. Like the cost of the steel they buy from US Steel contains US Steels labor cost and their cost included the labor cost of coal and so on. Then too there is probably a wide variation. Point being a 70 year jihad against employee compensation here, lead by Wall Street and culminating in the elimination of vast swaths of American manufacturing again lead by Wall Street, suggests there is a dual standard here.

I assume most GS stock holders are pleased those ruthless sharks working for GS make all that money and it is their due. Besides, that Abby Cohen is such a nice lady.

I worked once at a tiny specialty machine manufacturer where there is no way direct floor labor was more than 5% of all their costs yet the owner and his uneeded company president were absolutely convinced that the shop labor was what was keeping this barely profitable place barely profitable. Discussion and memos detailing that cutting thse direct labor cost was their number one objective abounded . When I mentioned that if the workers were not paid at all the place still wouldn't be very profitable they could not grasp the concept. Literally could not put 2+2 together. So wedded to a theory or ideology that workers, and this was skilled fabrication work, had to be getting paid too much and that was the key to profitability, that all reason went right out the window. It just had to be labor costs. They just knew it in their bones.

Ahh.. something about the difference between an industrial, and a service company.

People as aSSets OR machinery as aSSets.

Agreed 100%. And .. to that I say to all and sunder -- learn how the bookies run the game. Look at the option pricing models. Realize that you're paying the spread, and they're NOT. Never enter a market order. And, remember that "manipulation" is largely just analysis and exploitation of VWAP & book depth at every discrete point in time. Not so sinister, just smarter. A lot smarter.

The directional bet customer takes the risk [and sometimes wins big].

The bookie runs the game, and takes the overround margin [and always wins small].

Hahahahah... NO.

No doubt these guys will enter into a private OTC deal to sell their "at risk" stock forward, at a price agreed today.

Hooray for OTC shadow merkets.

Absolutely, and it never shows up as an insider sale on the SEC S4 :ninja:

Archived