Day of Infamy UNCH

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even close.

They have the ability to use it as slush fund for everything from deficit reduction to extended unemp beni's, to new yob work programs

One of the slicker moves by the Dems when Bush & Co put this up for vote....the Dems said NO NO NO, but voted YES YES YES, because they new it would be repaid, and then put in language to keep the funds available after repayment..

Well played

Didn't know the details of it, but assumed that the tax payer would take a very large, blunt instrument up the arse. What a travesty. Like Ags said, it is the biggest hiest in history.

Although, admittedly, the banks are probably the least risky when compared to other various beneficiaries

Current List of Bailout Expenditures:

Last updated: November 10, 2009

TARP Fund Expenditures:

* Capital Purchase Program (banks): $133.8

* Systemically Significant Failing Institutions (AIG): $134

* Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility: Data Unavailable

* Targeted Investment Program (additional funds for Citigroup and Bank of America): $40

* Automotive Industry Financing Program (Chrysler/GM): $73.35

* Homeowner Affordability and Stability (mortgage lenders): 27.3

* Auto Supplier Support Program (auto parts suppliers)v: $3.5

* Public-Private Investment Program (toxic asset purchases, March 2009): $10.75

Non-TARP Expenditures:

* Freddie Mac: $50.7

* Fannie Mae: $59.9

Total: $533.3 BILLION

Link

It's just the completion of the biggest heist ever in the history of the world...Helo Ben actually said the taxpayer will make a great "income" from all the repaid TARP funds....wtf ? Anyone here get their shares in the mail ???

I nearly threw the fax machine through the TV before I fell asleep in my chair the last hour of the day this is so rigged..."Income ?????"" are you f"in kidding me ? Where's my shares ? Where's the receipts ? Where's the money trail ? Was the check cut to Turbo Timmy and the Fed ? Where did the money go ? Where is my income ? I ain't seen nothing yet other then getting a letter my property taxes just went up 25 % ......

Wanna pay off the national debt ? Set up a booth and charge 5 bucks a pop to take a swing at Helo Ben Turbo Timmy...Pimpco's new hire Kashandkarry...Stutterring Hank...and every filthy steaming pile off dog sheet CEO who orchestrated this scam.....budget would be balanced in a week....&^*((*&&^^####,,,,,,,!!!!!.....now where's the Tylenol

Wow, Ags. I'm impressed. That's absolutely the first proposal for how to significantly reduct the national debt that I've ever heard that sounds like it would actually work.

-----

TJ, I hope U R right that the repaid TARP funds are available to be used elsewhere. If we can somehow all pressure the government to use them in some useful ways rather than throwing them down the terlit in some way, that would be good.

May I remind everyone that we have Congressional elections coming up in less than a year. So all of us who don't like the folks we have in Congress have some time to find more suitable candidates, as I am trying to do. I would like a candidate who would pledge to accept no Special Interest Group campaign contributions, someone who has a reputation in the community for being honest and for doing real public service. I want someone who cares more about Main Street than about GS bonuses. I don't want to "Just say No" and just vote out the incumbent. I want someone worth saying Yes to. Who knows? The public could get somewhere, if enough people get tired enough of Benny, Timmy and their defenders in Congress, to actually be moved to do something about them.

Ags, don't get too discouraged. If your thing is not political action, then maybe you can just go for a run and get some of the frustration out of your body. You are bright and caring and deserve good things. I am sure you can find some constructive action to take that will help you to feel better, even if it is just for yourself and/or your friends and family, and not anything political or wide-ranging. And the same for other Stoolies who may be getting discouraged. Call me an eternal optimist, but I think it is possible to work some of these things out. And I think we all need to take good care of ourselves, because we are the kind of bright caring folks who could end up helping our various countries and the world to solve the economic problems that face us. So if we don't have the solutions yet (other than Ag's impressive solution to the national debt), we should just care for and preserve ourselves-- go get some exercise or see a funny movie or do something fun like Hanky is doing, skiing out there this week I think-- until such time as thnking constructively about problem-solving becomes possible again.

Archived