Monthly Digger - December 2009

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gm appreciate your post so much. hope you had a wonderful holiday in the US! and thanks for CKG an the other stocks!!! im hanging on this bull ride!!! i woke up this morning an had to rub my eyes over and over because i couldnot believe what i been seeing!!! can you please mention some fundamentals you been talking about for us still trying to understand? so many have been so bearish here so why now is gold going up?? thanks again!!!

Hi Surfer . . Congrats for hanging in there and it's great to take a moment to bask in your success. However, there will be plenty of corrections to temper your enthusiasm, so don't let your guard down.

Fundamentals? Too many topics related to Gold / Gold Stocks to go over that have already been discussed here, so you'll have to do a search. And most of what we've been discussing here for several years is now starting to be written about in the media.

Start with the current state of world economics. Look at the problems being experienced by members of the European Union, and how this is destined to affect its currency. Look at the relationship of the Euro to the PBOC's Renminbi and understand what the effects of a revalued currency will be on the Global Competitive Currency Devaluation race that has been underway for years now.

Then you'll begin to appreciate Gold. Begin to appreciate that Global Fiat Currencies continue to suffer from a massive credibility problem. Understand what the "clueless ones" don't, that the move towards hard assets like Gold by investors and CBs is underway.

Begin to understand the "Default or Debase" Dillemma: As the US prints money to fight off (perceived) Deflation while aiding and abetting a SOARING public sector deficit, Europe WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW OR SUFFER FROM A USD COMPETITIVE DEPRECIATION.

Begin to appreciate that GROWING POLITICAL AND FOREIGN CENTRAL BANK UNEASYNESS OVER USD WEAKNESS AND PROFLIGATE MONETARY POLICY CONTINUES UNABATED AMONG THE G10 MEMBERS.

Given the current valuation levels FEW are willing to tolerate further currency appreciation. The problem is that every country with a floating currency is in the same situation!

Given the public finances of the US, Japan, Britain and the Eurozone are in such a fragile state, ensures that this vicious circle will continue for years. No longer a fact understood by the minority of investors that place a high priority on understanding the macro-economy, but now FLAGRANTLY OBVIOUS TO EVEN THE DIMMEST OF BULBS (except that is for a few that are completely brain dead.)

You'll discover that Emerging Market CBs cannot hedge against further USD weakness by buying EUR or GBP for the too obvious reasons discussed here that they will BE FORCED TO FOLLOW MONETARY FED POLICY.

AND, as these Emerging Market CBs continue to arrive at the conclusion (as everyone and his brother "recognition phase" is beginning to understand) THAT GOLD IS BETTER VALUE THAN THE USD, BETTER VALUE THAN THE EURO, OR GBP, OR YEN, or you name it, etc., the problem of reserve diversification becomes one of game theory. MONETARY POLICY IS CONTAGIOUS. IT'S A PANDEMIC BEING SPREAD THE WORLD OVER .

As I've continued to pound the table to anyone that would listen, CENTRAL BANKS DO NOT OPERATE INDEPENDENTLY OF EACH OTHER. WHAT THE FED DOES WILL BE FORCED UPON THE EUROPEAN UNION AS THEIR ECONOMIES ARE JOINED AT THE HIP.

THUS CONNECTING THE DOTS, (POUNDING TABLE) A USD FALLING DOWN THE "SLIPPERY SLOPE OF HOPE," (the USD the "Charts Tell All" Bears have kept saying all year has bottomed) EVENTUALLY REQUIRES A PBOC RENMINBI CURRENCY REVALUATION. AS EMERGING MARKET CENTRAL BANKS CAN NOT ACCUMULATE THE YUAN, THE NONLY WAY TO AVOID ACCUMULATING MORE EUROS IS . . . IS ??? . . . IS GOLD.

Debase or Default? Has that ever been a question without an obvious answer for anyone in their right mind? Apparently it has for a few that "disavow the fundamentals."

Yes, I'm afraid the Global "Lax Monetary Policy" (rampant Monetary Inflation) we've been observing will unquestionably materialize as "Price Inflation." The debasement (trees) has always been staring the Forest Ignoramuses straight in the face blinding them to the Forest.

Gold, Silver (and the companies that mine the stuff), Base Metals, Oil, Grains and other commodities will continue up as the obvious continues to unfold.

so i guess thats why india and china been buying gold. becuase paper currencies have been losing value. makes sense gm. but cant all these countires just buy gold now to solve there problem? thanks

Yes, Chuck, that would be a neat solution if it were possible without driving the price of Gold to Uranus.

When currencies drop in value, Gold goes up in value offsetting the risk of holding HUGE currency reserves. But the problem is that Gold production has been falling as Investor/FCB Demand has been increasing. AND, more importantly, AS THE SUPPLY OF MONEY IN ALL CURRENCIES ACROSS THE GLOBE HAS BEEN INCREASING AT ALARMING RATES!

So what happens when fiat money is being created at a rate that far exceeds Gold production (10 to 25 times!) at a time when money is falling out of favor due to the massive debts and irresponsible monetary policies being promulgated across the globe? What happens when countries like China, India, Russia, Brazil, Germany, etc., need to increase their Gold reserves NOW as the value of fiat currency reserve holdings like the US Peso and EUR become increasing liabilities? At a time when there is simply NOT ENOUGH GOLD, NO WAY, NO HOW, TO GO AROUND TO SATISFY DEMAND?? (All of these are rhetorical questions.)

Chuck, I still find it amazing and somewhat amusing that these so called "TA experts" have been shorting Gold and the companies that mine it the whole way up. How would you describe such a "genius"?

thanks dharma. just realize i can click reply. this sounds very bullish. im a dummy so dont unfderstand what dec comets is. but im certain ill find out soon! thanks for the youtube!

"im a dummy so dont unfderstand what dec comets is."

Chuck, don't worry about it.

You're miles and miles and miles ahead of the "Shorts" here that continue to proclaim to "disavow fundamentals." :lol:

Not to kick a dog while it's down, but these arrogant gasbags have no one to blame but themselves. Such ignorance is the source of financial ruin and must be challenged.

Everybody at one time or another gets things wrong, but very few remain so stubbornly arrogant while continuing to get everything wrong the entire way up! (Not amazing anymore but expected . . )

Looking to add to my long term holdings of Junior Producers here.

Any thoughts about specific names people like at these prices are welcomed.

TIA

Physical silver & gold is hot but nice to own if you can find any.

Mining sector still warming up. Any producing mine below $10 is still a steal......CGLD HL NGD MGN ?NG? Many more but you are on your own.

When people find out gold does not come from vaults but realize it comes from the ground then.........

I see Norcini trying to affix a target to gold with past and future inflation but this deflation (current debt) and inflation (more future debt) doesn't consider confidence in the currency. Even Sinclair stands down after $1681 cause he knows the unthinkable could happen.

Long-term Junior Producer holdings .. now I like the sound of that.

ECU.TO (ECUXF), BTO.TO (BGLPF), MTO.V (MEAOF), MDN.TO (MDNNF), CGLD for starters.

Buy and do not look for 7 years. Easy.

I'm being serious...buy them and forget about the modern world for 6 years to be safe. Go to a tropical island. Enjoy life. Do something .. do something good for humanity and for your spirit, your family/loved ones. Do what it is you always wanted to if you had time. Give, create, get drunk, laid, & turn off the fuking news....and above all, do not look at the price of gold, until 6 years is up.

You will spend countless hours pouring over charts, sweating Fed propaganda & statistics, chasing/worshipping paper dollars. You will spend all your waking hours in pursuit of these things .. and lose sleep over it. You will be spend countless hours trying to understand what's staring right at you in plain sight. Deciphering information from Misinformation. You could waste all this energy along w/ countless fuking morons or you could simply do what I said above and enjoy life. Enough said.

Several good Precious Metals Juniors already mentioned.

I'll throw in First Majestic Silver Corp which is currently producing silver, profitably, (approx. 5.0 Million Ozs in ’09 and targeting 8 Million Ozs Silver at lower cash costs in ‘10) from 3 mines in Mexico (La Parrilla, San Martin and the La Encantada Silver Mines). Their current Silver resources stand at 175 Million Ozs in all categories.

I'd be a buyer of this stock as well as many other favorites when the clueless, emotional market consensus ignoramuses inevitably panic once again throwing their shares into the gutter. :rolleyes: :lol: Unless of course you don't own any resource stocks that produce real money, 100% exposed to fiat junk. Then that would be entirely another matter. :)

Archived