Happy Holiday Weak End Bears

Certainly crime is on the rise. Below is a neighborhood crime report circulated to residents via e-mail. Also, there was a story recently on the local news about security companies (ADT or Brinks) not monitoring their alarm systems. You pay your monthly service fee but the monitoring service never calls after a break-in and all your stuff is long gone - buyer beware.

On July 23 at 1:40 a.m., our neighbor observed two white males (both appear to be in their early 20’s) coming toward our cul-de-sac. Initially, he thought they might be delivering papers. These two men were going from one side of the street to the other working their way towards our cul-de-sac. As they got closer, within a few houses, he noticed they were wearing gloves and looking into cars parked in driveways.

My neighbor got his handgun and stepped outside to confront the men. Just about that time, we were awakened by our dog that had spotted the men in the front of our house. At this time, suspect #1 (medium build, 5’10” – 6’0”, blond spiked hair) had gone back to their blue pickup truck that had been parked in the cul-de-sac. Suspect #2 (thin build, 5’10” – 6’0”, curly brown hair) was peering into our SUV. The neighbor confronted suspect #2 at our SUV and yelled at him to leave the property. Suspect #2 held his hands up and walked through the cul-de-sac back to the blue pick up truck to join suspect #1.

Bold and brazen, suspect #1 then held his hands out to his side and started walking straight toward my neighbor despite the gun. Suspect #1 said “You want to shoot me…go ahead”. My neighbor warned him that if he stepped onto his property he would do just that. Suspect #1 turned his back, calmly walked towards his truck, got in and drove away at a slow to average speed. The actions of suspect #1 are clearly a sign that he is very bold and could be a potential danger.

The blue truck fits the exact description of the truck reported in the E-Mail blast from July 15th. It appears these are repeat offenders in our area and have been coming in during the middle of the week in the early morning hours.

Police response time was absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable:

Believe it or not there is nothing in a police officer's oath or directive to protect and/or serve. They do not have to put themselves in any danger in order to prevent a crime or protect a citizen. Don't believe me? Look up your local police on line and see what their job requirements are. I have as much respect for the law as the next person but police have been reduced to tax collecters per speeding tickets and DUI arrests.

And just for the record I mean no offense to any LEO out there, I know the system has tied your hands but be honest, how far am I from the truth?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Believe it or not there is nothing in a police officer's oath or directive to protect and/or serve. They do not have to put themselves in any danger in order to prevent a crime or protect a citizen. Don't believe me? Look up your local police on line and see what their job requirements are. I have as much respect for the law as the next person but police have been reduced to tax collecters per speeding tickets and DUI arrests.

And just for the record I mean no offense to any LEO out there, I know the system has tied your hands but be honest, how far am I from the truth?

I have mentioned here in the past that an armed prowler who previously had been spotted in the neighborhood was seen in my backyard. When I called the cops, I told them EXACTLY where he was hiding. The police station is 4 blocks from my house. They could easily have apprehended him if they had sent cruisers silently to the streets on both sides of my house -- fences would have funneled him right to them. Instead, they came up on the front side of my house, with sirens screaming and making lots of noise, to make sure they scared him off so they wouldn't have to confront him.

Needless to say, this has not made me feel safe in my own home.

There are a lot of good cops out there, a few bad ones, and then there is:

Walk_Tall.jpg BUFORD HAYSE PUSSER

OR THE VIGILANTE:

220px-Bronson_1973.jpg

There are a lot of good cops out there, a few bad ones, and then there is:

[/b]

I'm not talking about bad cops, I'm talking about how the role of police officer has changed in general. In my home town there is a small neighborhood where it obvious to everyone that there are a lot of drug dealings going on there. There's even an elementary school at the end of the cul-de-sac which makes it even more atrocious. The teachers talk about seeing deals and they call the police.....nothing is ever done about it. BUT, there is a stretch right near there where the speed limit goes from 50 to 30 and they routinely have cars pulled over there. Tax revenues.

I'm not talking about bad cops, I'm talking about how the role of police officer has changed in general. In my home town there is a small neighborhood where it obvious to everyone that there are a lot of drug dealings going on there. There's even an elementary school at the end of the cul-de-sac which makes it even more atrocious. The teachers talk about seeing deals and they call the police.....nothing is ever done about it. BUT, there is a stretch right near there where the speed limit goes from 50 to 30 and they routinely have cars pulled over there. Tax revenues.

I wasn't talking about bad cops either. You were talking about cops that have their hands tied or cops/departments that aren't doing their jobs in certain neighborhoods. That's why we need more cops like Sheriff Buford Pusser who put their life on the line and do whatever is in their power to serve justice to the thugs. Or maybe some vigilantism by those law-abiding citizens in areas where the thugs rule and the cops are cowards.

I wasn't talking about bad cops either. You were talking about cops that have their hands tied or cops/departments that aren't doing their jobs in certain neighborhoods. That's why we need more cops like Sheriff Buford Pusser who put their life on the line and do whatever is in their power to serve justice to the thugs. Or maybe some vigilantism by those law-abiding citizens in areas where the thugs rule and the cops are cowards.

If the law-abiding citizens are lucky and aren't killed outright, it will earn them a cell next to Martin Armstrong, and they can spend their many years in prison studying with the master.

for all you cyclists out there

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/

The 38 Year Cycle in US Monetary History

What first brought this cycle to mind was the mention of a '40 year cycle' from the Great Depression to today by an acquaintance named 'Rasputin' on a financial chatboard. What we like about this, the longer cycle of 38 years and some others, is that they involve what people call 'generational memory.' People as a group essentially forget the lessons of the past, and human nature being what it is, events based on bad judgement and reckless behaviour seem to recur at these intervals.

If there was any 'tell' for the current crisis, it was the general overturning of the safeguards for the financial system that had been put in place in the aftermath of the financial panic of 1929 and the Great Depression that followed, culminating in the eventual overturn of Glass-Steagall and the ascendancy of extreme leverage using exotic, unregulated instruments.

This is why we call this a generational change. This is no slump, no recession. And it is far from over.

older stuff?

http://worldvisionportal.org/wvpforum/view...?f=21&t=714

The American 38 Year Financial Cycle: Gold to the Rescue

Beginning with the year the nation-states of north America became the confederated States of America (later to become the united States of America), a 38 year cycle of economic/financial collapse has taken place like clockwork:

bottom line:

There's a common denominator for each timely crisis. The cause of each 38-year cycle of American economic collapse has been the lack of physical gold as well as the value loss of paper currency.

Yabba Dubai Do crisis must be O-VAH

Asia/Pacific Markets gapping Green and heading North.....

Guy Lerner recently wrote this:

"The "default in Dubai" will likely leave investors with one of two conclusions: 1) coordinated efforts by central bankers to re-liquify the world economy are likely to continue as bad news means good news -- the proverbial punch bowl will be with us for awhile; or 2) the house of cards - otherwise known as the recovery - is beginning to look a little wobbly; central bankers, no matter how hard they try, are unable to fight the forces of deleveraging. This contagion just won't go away so easily."

Linkage

So, which of the two options will investors/traders adopt?

The days around the first of the month have been pretty good to bully lately, so if tradition holds true, then you may want to get the barf bags ready.

I don't know why I keep looking for the market to tank.Still fully long my muni crap and an up market might be better for me.....don't really care what the market does,just want the crap that I own to go up. :unsure:

Archived